kentun

Reaction score
I try to create tactic for Palermo. I use 442 diamond Ancellotti style.
View attachment 136425
View attachment 136426
View attachment 136427
Pos/Role/Duty GK/GK/defend FBL/fb/Auto CBL/cb/defend CBR/cb/defend FBR/wb/Auto DMC/dlp/support CMR/bwm/defend CML/cm/attack AMC/advancedplaymaker/attack STL/dlf/support STR/advancedforward/attack

I get decent result against weaker teams where Pastore go crazy if I change him to Trequista. But against stronger team (ex:fiorentina) nothing I can do for attack. We are very weak against corner kick and crossing attack.

Does anyone has any suggestion since Palermo have no choice but wingerless formation.

Thanks

Last edited:
I believe you got that diamond setup from Tactical Theorems Appendix, right?

From a theoretical point of view, Ancelotti's diamond (which I'm an expert at due to being an AC Milan fan) should work well enough for Palermo. Perhaps what you can do against equally good teams like Fiorentina - Napoli - Sampdoria - etc is to switch Miccoli's role to Complete Forward. That way you make him closer to the net and more capable of capitalizing Pastore's through balls. This edit should be appliable as long as Miccoli is not Shevchenko. The whole Palermo team would naturally place all its emphasis on Pastore, so getting a DLF to conflict with Pastore's movement freedom would not be the best of ideas.

It would also be a good idea, when playing stronger or equal teams, to set Creativity Freedom to default setting but also increase roaming. This will make it harder for opposition players to man-mark your Pastore (and other key players) without sacrificing your tactical rigidity.

Try these changes (one after the other or all together) and tell me how it works out for you.

Thanks a lot. What about my defense, we're weak against crossing and corner kick

I believe you got that diamond setup from Tactical Theorems Appendix, right?

From a theoretical point of view, Ancelotti's diamond (which I'm an expert at due to being an AC Milan fan) should work well enough for Palermo. Perhaps what you can do against equally good teams like Fiorentina - Napoli - Sampdoria - etc is to switch Miccoli's role to Complete Forward. That way you make him closer to the net and more capable of capitalizing Pastore's through balls. This edit should be appliable as long as Miccoli is not Shevchenko. The whole Palermo team would naturally place all its emphasis on Pastore, so getting a DLF to conflict with Pastore's movement freedom would not be the best of ideas.

It would also be a good idea, when playing stronger or equal teams, to set Creativity Freedom to default setting but also increase roaming. This will make it harder for opposition players to man-mark your Pastore (and other key players) without sacrificing your tactical rigidity.

Try these changes (one after the other or all together) and tell me how it works out for you.

Hi, I just got Pastore for Independiente and am thinking about using a 4-4-2 diamond, but with wingers (probably on support, with the DMC as a deep lying playmaker on support). I think one of my strikers will be a deep-lying forward on support and the other a target man on attack. Philosophy and fluid and creative freedom on more expressive, starting strategy would probably be control at home and maybe counter away against tougher teams. Would your advice apply for me as well?

Hi, I just got Pastore for Independiente and am thinking about using a 4-4-2 diamond, but with wingers (probably on support, with the DMC as a deep lying playmaker on support). I think one of my strikers will be a deep-lying forward on support and the other a target man on attack. Philosophy and fluid and creative freedom on more expressive, starting strategy would probably be control at home and maybe counter away against tougher teams. Would your advice apply for me as well?
So you will make a tactic without any midfielder on defense?

So you will make a tactic without any midfielder on defense?

Yeah was kind of worried about that...I could put the DM on ball-winner instead of DLP, or I could put him on DLP defend. I'm not sure how to do a classic 4-4-2 diamond, I posted a thread here once but no one responded, and there aren't any tactics of that formation...doesn't seem to be too popular around here.

Also you can try make things go through the middle :) helped for me