Michael19

Reaction score
Hi, I have taken a stab at creating my own tactic as opposed to downloading ones from here. I am playing with Oviedo in the Spanish third tier. This is my tactic with duties.

-------CF(S)-----P(At)-----
------------IF(At)---------
W(At)-BWM(D)-DLP(S)-W(At)
-----CD(D)-CD(D)-CD(D)----
-----------GK(D)-----------

I play Very Rigid with the Standard philosophy. I made the tactic using the creator. Here are my team instructions.

Passing: Default
Creative Freedom: More disciplined
Closing down: Stand off more
Tackling: More aggressive
Marking: Zonal marking
Crossing: Drill crossing
Roaming: Stick to position

The only player instructions I have changed are setting long shots to rarely for all players and setting my GK to kick the ball deep to my CF. I have also set my wingers to cross the ball to the side where my CF is.

I need help on setting up the back three, what is generally the best setup? Who should I set to man-mark? Can anyone see any glaring problems or contradictions in the way I have set my tactic up? How should I use OI's? What opposition formations should I worry about?

Thanks in advance.

Bump, would really like some input here. Especially on how to set up the back three. I am starting to think having them all set to CD(D) isn't the best option. Maybe have the outside two set to cover and the inside one set to defend/stopper? Bear in mind I am in the third division of spanish football so my players aren't top quality.

I usually set the central CB to Cover if you're playing against a 442 you can set two CBs to man mark and leave the other to 'sweep'... If you're playing against 1 striker I wouldnt play a three man backline...

I have noticed I got destroyed playing against a lone striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Is there anyway I could set up my marking to minimize the threat? Perhaps setting my BWM to tight man mark the AMC and the central CB to man mark the ST?

Thanks.