Need help sorting out my midtfield (Bayern Munich)

Trulle

Reaction score
Im in the summer transfer window at the start of the 14/15 season with bayern munich. Im playing a 4-5-1 with 2 offensive inside forwards. On the midtfield i have one defensive midtfilder with defensive duty, 2 sentral midtfielders the left one are a sentral midtfielder with supporting duty and the right one is a advanced playmaker with attacking duty. Heres my problem: I got 8 midtfielders. i got Isco and Kroos as advanced forwards. Schweinsteiger, Benat and Garmash(Just got him on a free) in the sentral supporting midtfielder position. And Martinez, gustavo and Can (alsoe used in the sentral supporting role) in the defensive role. I have no idea who to keep and who to get rid off but i cant keep them all i have to sell som of them. Any inputs?

I'd sell Gustavo and Benat, and consider sending Emre Can on loan if he's not getting much time

Nooo, what did you do with Shaqiri and Mueller?? In my current Bayern save, I have Hazard, Shaqiri, Kroos, Mueller, as well as Meyer (GREAT German prospect) and a 5 star regen as AMC (by comparison Hazard is only 4.5 stars now). I used a 4-1-1-3-1, so I used Martinez and Gustavo as my DM (Gustavo is a great backup). I sold Can because he's not great in my game (4 star prospect to begin with, 2 stars by the time I had all my superstars). I would keep Schweinsteiger no matter what, just because he's probably a club icon and he is a decent tutor/backup. Rotate Benat and Garmash; you can never have too much depth. Honestly, I would just sell Can and buy a new 4 or 5 star prospect. 7 midfielders in a tactic that uses 5 is almost too thin. I'd get a quality, older backup just in case.

On my bayern save i use 4-2-3-1 with schweinsteiger as DLP (support) and martinez as anchor man, then two inside forwards on the wings, left isco / greizman on the right shaqiri / el shaarawy and kroos / iker munian as AP (support) through the middle, also have lewandowski as poacher, scores tones of goals, sold robben ribery as they are like glass, get injured every game practically, also sold gomez and mandzukic, sorry if the spelling of the players names are slightly wrong lol.

Nooo, what did you do with Shaqiri and Mueller?? In my current Bayern save, I have Hazard, Shaqiri, Kroos, Mueller, as well as Meyer (GREAT German prospect) and a 5 star regen as AMC (by comparison Hazard is only 4.5 stars now). I used a 4-1-1-3-1, so I used Martinez and Gustavo as my DM (Gustavo is a great backup). I sold Can because he's not great in my game (4 star prospect to begin with, 2 stars by the time I had all my superstars). I would keep Schweinsteiger no matter what, just because he's probably a club icon and he is a decent tutor/backup. Rotate Benat and Garmash; you can never have too much depth. Honestly, I would just sell Can and buy a new 4 or 5 star prospect. 7 midfielders in a tactic that uses 5 is almost too thin. I'd get a quality, older backup just in case.
No i think you misunderstod me i just mentioned the players in sentral midtfield. I still got shaqiri, rodriguez, ben arfa halilovic(a regen that i think is going to be the next robben just better. as inside forwards. Im currently thinking about bringin in hazard, wellinfton nem, lamela and fischer. BTW sold muller first season for 390 million nok (around 45 million pounds).

On my bayern save i use 4-2-3-1 with schweinsteiger as DLP (support) and martinez as anchor man, then two inside forwards on the wings, left isco / greizman on the right shaqiri / el shaarawy and kroos / iker munian as AP (support) through the middle, also have lewandowski as poacher, scores tones of goals, sold robben ribery as they are like glass, get injured every game practically, also sold gomez and mandzukic, sorry if the spelling of the players names are slightly wrong lol.
Yea i have tried to play with a 4-2-3-1 but i did not find it as consistent and secure as my 4-5-1. I also sold Gomez(was injured all the time) but i keept mandzukic(he has been very good) and just got lewandowski for free.

when you tried the 4-2-3-1 did you set your team to press more and defense push up with mentality set to attacking etc? i usually run over teams, well i have the first two seasons in the league anyways, currently going into my third season.

when you tried the 4-2-3-1 did you set your team to press more and defense push up with mentality set to attacking etc? i usually run over teams, well i have the first two seasons in the league anyways, currently going into my third season.
yes that was what i did and i had no problem against weaker opponensts but in the champions league and against teams like dortmund and schalke teams that keept more possetion amd where had stronger defences i struggled to score and let in some goals. with the tactic that im using now im controling every game and let in about 15 goals a season(in the league).

maybe my luck may change but ive only conceded 59 goals in all comps going into my 3rd season and scored 249 or something cant mind as im at work, maybe perhaps make a counter tactic against the bigger teams if ? its work for me in my other save when i was chelsea.

maybe my luck may change but ive only conceded 59 goals in all comps going into my 3rd season and scored 249 or something cant mind as im at work, maybe perhaps make a counter tactic against the bigger teams if ? its work for me in my other save when i was chelsea.
yea i hava about the same with my 4-5-1 44 goals against and 220 for. against bigger teams i just move onbe of the sentral midtfielders down and play counter. the only problem im having is that i cant seem to take the step up and win the cl, first season i lost out in the semi against real madrid and this second season i lost on away goals against united in the quarter final. and i dont know if its my tactic or that my players just is not good enough.

i think its just your luck sometimes because i got teams like spartak moscow, valencia and celtic in the knockout stages when i won it, beating real madrid in the final with luck aswell lol, then the season after it i got knocked out by barca in the last 16 lol