JamieFm91

Reaction score
So i've pretty much got Southampton securing automatic promotion into the premier league, i did the same in fm11 and went straight back down now i've done the same in fm12 and i would like to stay up.

I've been playing with JP's Germany tactic (rotating between the two and it has been most rewarding)

and my team looks like this

GK - Amos (Loan so he will be replaced once the window opens)
DR - Stephen Kelly
DC -Fonte
DC - Hoosevield
DL - Danny Fox
MC Jack Cork
MC- Schneiderlin
AMR- De Ridder
AMC - Jordi Gomez
AML- Lallana
ST- Quintero/Lambert

But i'm worried that the tactic won't be affective agianst the big teams so i'm looking for a defensive tactic to atleast attempt at getting a goaless draw against the Big Four. Unless of course you feel the tactic would work? or other suggestions welcome

I would say drop the AMC to MC, and bring in a DMC(Anchor Man) in place of one of the MC. Set the AML/AMR to Inside Forwards(both Support), and the ST(Quintero) as a Poacher/Advanced Forward.

GK - Goalkeeper(D)
DR - FullBack(S)
DCR - Ball Playing CD
DCL - Central Defender
DL - FullBack(S)
DMC - Anchor Man(D)
MCR - Deep-Lying Playmaker(S)
MCL - Ball-Winning CM(S)
AMR - Inside Forward(S) - make sure he has long shots set to Rarely, and Wide play is set to Cuts Inside.
AML - Inside Forward(S) - same as above.
STC - Poacher/Advance Forward( A)

The way this is set up will get you some good points away to the bigger sides, and may get wins at home. Rather than the AMC as your Playmaker, make the MC a deep-lying PM. This means he will drop back when needed defensively, and will push forward too. The Anchor Man will give you the extra support when needed, and the wingers will drift in to support the lone striker when you attack, as well as drop back slightly when defending.

Thanks for the quick response, JP has two tactics one of which is one much like the layout you suggested albeit with some changes to roles etc so it shouldn't be to hard to create/alter as i say many thanks for the help and i'll get to creating the tactic :D