dhurley

Reaction score
ok so i need help making the 4-2-3-1 tactic with 3 AMC instead of the original 1 AMC with 2 wide players.

ive noticed that Manchester City use it in this game and have great success with it.

does anyone have a good tactic for it?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Do you want help making on for for your team and set of players( then pleaae provide more info) or did you want to be directed to a download( then please use the subforum at the top ) ?

Either would be good, i just want a tactic that works with that formation

What team are you using , in what year are you and what are yours key players ?

Yeh i wrote before you edited :p and yeah a direct download, i dont have a specific team i want it for. i just wanna try it out with someone, and which subforum?

Is it for a great team or a bad one? do you have any idea of what kind of players you are going to use?

i dont really have any specific team, lets say a Mid Premier League team?

I am not sure I have seen an uploaded tactic with that shape so I cant really help you( there are still others that can though as I might just have missed it)

If you should want to set it up for your team, you using one that really suites your players etc, then I would gladly help once you decide on a save.

a 4-2-3-1 like Man City play requires the following type of players:

GK: Normal gk

Full-backs: Great stamina, work rate, and teamwork. They need to constantly provide width and reach the byline. IMO, the most important part of the formation. If they can't get forward and back quickly, you're team will struggle both in attack and defence. They should be set to a high normal mentality and run from deep often. Crosses to byline unless you have a great header of the ball, then try mixed.

CB's: Usual great cb traits. If you'll be playing with a high line (which I recommend with this tactic, although a deeper counter attacking one can work) they'll need speed, strength and anticipation.

MC's: These two are defensively solid, I'd use a BWM and CM on defend. Good passing, teamwork and tackling needed here. One acts as a defensive anchor, while the other can venture further up to offer a backwards pass to retain possession when trying to break down the opponent at his box.

AMC's: Here is where the tactic will rise or fall. I'd use three attacking midfielders, with Run from Deep and Through Balls all set to often. Two should be excellent dribblers and run with ball often. The idea is that they should be constantly on the move, dropping in and out of space, running beyond the striker with and without the ball, swapping position etc etc. They need Dribbling, Creativity, Passing, Acceleration etc.

Striker: Any type will work in theory. Although, I'd not use a poacher, and prefer a more physical presence able to link up play. The AMC's need to be able to run beyond this guy, so a poacher or advanced forward might be too far forward for this to happen, and thus make everyone easier to mark.

I'd recommend a high line with good pressing, shorter passing and aggressive tackling. I'd play at a quick tempo, but width should be experimented with. If you're getting a lot of good possession but not many chances, you could be too narrow and finding it hard to break the opponent down. If you're getting good chances but not dominating possession, you could be too wide and not finding your passes.

Thanks for the advice. i've come up with this and its doing really well, 2nd in the league with 4 games to go in the second
season

View attachment 348274

i think im going to take your advice with the striker. with a poacher he doesnt seem to score alot of goals, Berbatov has 18 goals all round this season which is decent but still not very good.

Kerim Frei should do great in that role; I used him for the season I had him in similar fashion and he was excellent. Liverpool came in with a 14 million bid though and that was that.