need help with 442 winger/fb overlapping on counter attack

fikintiki

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I have started a career with Troyes in France. Media predicton is 20. so i wanted to create a lowblock 442 tactic with counter/structured mentality. Tactic is really making work, i have defeated some big teams with it but my problm is when i look at the heat map my fullbacks and wingers playing in same area. I want them to be more effective and cover the whole flanks. I have tried fb/a-wp/s fb/a-w/s or some wb combinaions but didnt get much of it. So i'm here Looking for suggestions..

There's nothing wrong with those combinations and the heat map will only tell you so much. It's fairly obvious that their average position could be roughly the same as the Support Duty midfielder will keep up with play while the fullback overlaps. Again though, it's an average position, so I'd suggest 1) watching the actual match and 2) decide what you want from them.

I second what WJ says. Also, if you find it still an issue, your wide midfielder can be told to sit narrower which opens the flank a bit for your attacking FBs.