rcolesworthy

Reaction score
Pretty straight forward- I always have a save on FM with Wimbledon and bring them back to their glory days. However, in FM15, at least for me, the match engine is completely broken with players scoring from the midfield line and goalies having no idea what their doing. So, I was wondering if their was a tactic that would work in League 2 that could somehow make the game less broken until an update is out. Thanks for any help.

The initial squad is appears to lack any real wingers aside from Rigg, and needs a solid natural left back since Kennedy is somewhat poor defensively. Central defenders are slow as well so a deeper defensive line may be in order. Have you made any transfers yet?

i mostly stopped playing on that save until a patch came out, but so far, i've made a few transfers- Alex Brister and Kristian Kostrna. And I've been told ChristianEriksen tactics are good for League 2, and in the friendlies I've been beaten by minnows. I don't really know what to do.

Similar problems

I'm also at Wimbledon although I spent the first two seasons at Hyde before moving so can't help with the players.
However after a year and a half at the club of less than average success, the formation I've started using is 4-4-2 with minimal instructions - direct passing, closing down more and high tempo are the only things I am using and finally getting much better results.
Also worth adding drop deeper as everyone in League 2 plays long balls and that seems to help, though I've only just added that so can't guarantee success - it's working so far!

On the downside, in summer the board decided to build a new stadium (Plough Lane 11,000 capacity), which massively screwed my transfer plans as it's 2 years to build and I now have no transfer budget and the board won't let me hire new staff, which meant I couldn't even let the contracts run out on old ones. I tried and now have one less coach as a result!

Let me know if this helps!

A plain, flat 4-4-2 or a sort of diamond? What player roles?

Last edited:
Flat 4-4-2 - play with both CBs defend, full backs on automatic, one central midfielder on automatic, one on ball winning defend, both wingers attack, one poacher and one defensive forward / deep lying forward (I keep switching depending on who's playing)