Khalaf

Reaction score
hey guys, im so into football but just started football manager this year so im kinda new. i need help with my Arsenal save in my First season i just need you guys help on the best tactics to go for and some good and very useful signings. i like wonderkids for the future but not too much to start with only about 3 im mainly looking for players that are very good in the first year and for the next 2 seasons or so. it would be great to get a reply.

im thinking of bringing hernandez in as a backup striker i hear hes quality but when i had him on my tottenham save without working with him or training him for anything in particular he was really bad only 1 game he stood out. what training should i put on him????

I play a 4-2-3-1 :) it has work for me very well. There are some players that you might want to look at like Isco, Lamela. :) Lamela is probably one of the best winger in the game. You can get him at around 20m or less. As for Isco he is really class AMC. :) Also around the 20m price range. I wouldn't reccomend you get another defender or goalkeeper since you already have what you need at the start. If you want another backup defender, Jores okores is enough since he can play anywhere on the defender. As for CM strengthening, you might want to look at people like Ikkay Gundogan or Fellaini. For striker, just get a cheap backup. Giroud and walcott should be enough for the time being though honestly walcott is much much better as a winger. Giroud is a real beast as a striker. :) use him properly and he can give you 50 goals per season XD Your main part to strengthen is actually your midfield. The others aren't that pressing. Koscielny is already a world class LB at the start of the game. Even though thats not his preferred position.

I play a 4-2-3-1 :) it has work for me very well. There are some players that you might want to look at like Isco, Lamela. :) Lamela is probably one of the best winger in the game. You can get him at around 20m or less. As for Isco he is really class AMC. :) Also around the 20m price range. I wouldn't reccomend you get another defender or goalkeeper since you already have what you need at the start. If you want another backup defender, Jores okores is enough since he can play anywhere on the defender. As for CM strengthening, you might want to look at people like Ikkay Gundogan or Fellaini. For striker, just get a cheap backup. Giroud and walcott should be enough for the time being though honestly walcott is much much better as a winger. Giroud is a real beast as a striker. :) use him properly and he can give you 50 goals per season XD Your main part to strengthen is actually your midfield. The others aren't that pressing. Koscielny is already a world class LB at the start of the game. Even though thats not his preferred position.

Erm, he said he only has 3 million?!

I would advise:

1. Sell deadwood such as CHAMAKH/MANNONE/SQUILACI and even ROSICKY/ARSHAVIN. If you do that you ll have money to spend.
2. Play 4231 as **** seem to have the players for this.
3. Play GIROUD as much as possible as he's a beast in FM13
4. Selling deadwood such as the above (and more - Im sure there's a couple of players Im forgetting) will mean you have at least 15m to play with. With this money buy:

a) Stefan Strandberg as a backup cb (also dm) - cost 1.6m
b) Mate Simao for some mf steel- cost 2.5m (may have wp issues. If so use Strandberg at cb and go for ANDERSON from Utd who will be on the tranny list for about 6m)
c) Abel Hernandez (cf) - cost 7m (or if you want to spend more/use instalments go for FACUNDO FERREYRA who's a beast)
d) Maupay (cf) -1.29m compensation
e) Look also at THOMAS DRAGE. Dont be fooled by his age/low price. The guy is awesome from the start at amc/r/l/on the wings or at DLF)

Last edited:
Erm, he said he only has 3 million?!

Unless your reading a different post he hasn't given any indication of his budget.

Anyway as MANUMAD said, sell the reserve players, Chamakh, Squillaci, Park etc etc - Should get you some money in.

Fellaini is a great signing and depending on the database your using you could look at Alaba or Baines at left back (unless you have Monreal and Gibbs)

Id possibly look at signing another CB, if your after wonderkids you could try Samuel Umtiti (Lyon) but i'm not too sure how much he would cost.

To be honest Arsenal have a good team to work with and majority of the players progress really well if you give them enough game time (Gibbs/Jenkinson).

yeah i said about 3 wonderkids and the ones you recommended were good. ill defo look at isco and lamela and simao. i got around 30M as chamakh, djorou,park are all on loan and i dont know how to recall them which is a problem. ive used giroud and he gets like 15 a season for me theres something im not doing right with him. if you know get back to me so i know what to do with him? thanks

I used Giroud as a lone striker, poacher, scored something like 170 goals in 200 games for me. I'm currently deep into my own Arsenal save, and I feel the best way to manage them is to build a project, it will take time to win major honors, but when your team hits potential it's quite amazing.

GK - Asmir Begovic - 15 Million, Mr. Consistency. Lots of people keep Szczesny. I sold him because I don't like him in real life.
DR - Dani Carvajal/Seb Corchia - 15 Million - Both great can't go wrong with either.
DL - Daniel Alaba - 25 - 30 Million - World Class at beginning of the game, and only gets better.
DC - Per Mertesacker/Thomas Vermaelen/ Laurent Koscielny - All great. A good back up would be, Kyriakos Papdopoulos.
DMC - Victor Wanyama/Lars Bender - Both can become world class. One will cost around 12 million, the other around 20 million.
CM - Wilshere (When Healthy)/ Lars Bender (again)/ Leon Goretzka/Jordy Clasie - All can be great for a Prem club, Goretzka stands head and shoulders above them all though.
AMR - The Ox/Walcott/Halilovic - The Ox, and Walcott will be good enough for right now. Halilovic can become a beast, and can tear up the EPL with careful coaching.
AML - Erik Lamela/Antoinne Griezmann - Both can do a GREAT job for you in this position. Both cost around 20 million.
ST - Giroud/Neal Maupay/Manolo Gabbiadini/Neymar - All Giroud, Gabbiadini, and Neymar should do a great job coming in for you at the very start. Mauapy is a project player, get him tutored to have a high determination, and he will become a beast. Under me in the France national team, he had 25 goals in 27 games. He is still only 21 in my game.

I play a RB-2CB-LB-DMC-2CM-AMR-AML-ST formation, it offers better defensive safety, and good balance throughout the team to also be great going forward.

hmm i wrote some of these names down to sign and try from fresh. you got a good team there FootballManagerG0D where did u come in your first season. but im still a bit confused about giroud i play him a lone striker as a poacher. hes good but not as good as everyone on here says he is.sorry im new to this guys. thanks for your help though :)

hmm i wrote some of these names down to sign and try from fresh. you got a good team there FootballManagerG0D where did u come in your first season. but im still a bit confused about giroud i play him a lone striker as a poacher. hes good but not as good as everyone on here says he is.sorry im new to this guys. thanks for your help though :)

Show your tactics and formation and player you use?

4-1-2-2-1....
GK--Sczeney
LB--Monreal
RB--Jenkinson
CB--Subotic/Mertesacker
DM--Coquelin
CM--Leitner/Arteta
LAM--Podolski
RAM--Ox or Walcott or even Arshavin
ST-- Giroud
horrible team as i changed formation late in august and already made signings.
i cant really remember my tactics but i can tell you they arent great its something ill need advice from if any1 care to share

Mertesacker is a beast! Podolski does well as a poacher aswell, play him as poacher and Giroud as a target man, make sure they play it to his head though.

ill try it now in my next game and let you know how i do. thank youu

Beat Man city 2-0. i put giroud TM and To Head he scored a tap in but got a rating of 8.1 so ill try him there from now on see how it goes. Cheers

You didn't play ramsay? I think you might want to strengthen your wing. It is pretty weak at the moment. Sure walcott is quite good but chamberlain at the start isn't that good yet. He gotta need some time to develop. You might want to consider getting lamela or shaqiri... Not sure if I spell him right. Your CM looks pretty weak there too... If you find that your midfield is not able to hold the ball well enough considering if you play a possession tactic then try getting people like fellaini. It helps you with keeping the ball. :)

I suggest you don't keep buying players tho, since arsenal has really good facilities for developing players. I rather you wait for regens :) Also if you find your left or right defense weak, like letting too many crosses in, just put koscielny or sagna as the full back there :)

Last edited:
cheers for that im gonna need to make a few signings in january like lamela i hear hes great on my other save he was brilliant. and just out of interest for the future what would you guys advice be on Soldado he looks like he will be good. any suggestions?

Hmm I would get jovetic instead of soldado if I were you :eek: But honestly just stick to giroud... He is irreplaceable jovetic isn't exactly that good either... If you need consistent goal scorer like someone suggested abel hernandez or for me I would go for salomon rondon.