Resource icon

Need help with inconsistent tactic fm20

With corners, I'd mess around with your defensive corner setup. There's been a good few, would check out how @ThePav defends corners as he's quite a mastermind at set pieces.
I'd also somewhat be inclined to change the AP-S to a second Mezzala on attack as I know from experience two of them can work very well. With the through balls is it just over the middle or are they getting behind your wingbacks due to space they're leaving behind?

With corners, I'd mess around with your defensive corner setup. There's been a good few, would check out how @ThePav defends corners as he's quite a mastermind at set pieces.
I'd also somewhat be inclined to change the AP-S to a second Mezzala on attack as I know from experience two of them can work very well. With the through balls is it just over the middle or are they getting behind your wingbacks due to space they're leaving behind?
Thanks for the advice, the problem is my AP right now has 12 assists , can' t afford to lose that, the through balls are normally behind the cb

Thanks for the advice, the problem is my AP right now has 12 assists , can' t afford to lose that, the through balls are normally behind the cb
Could try the CBs on Cover? That can help as they'll naturally sit a little deeper or changing the defensive line to be deeper to. Forgot to ask, how come you chose the FMNation prefix in the tactic thread?

I thought about switching the WB to FB

Could try the CBs on Cover? That can help as they'll naturally sit a little deeper or changing the defensive line to be deeper to. Forgot to ask, how come you chose the FMNation prefix in the tactic thread?
Because I could not find any tactic prefix. Would you drop deeper and place the defenders on cover. Or one of both?

Because I could not find any tactic prefix. Would you drop deeper and place the defenders on cover. Or one of both?
Ah if it's in this area then it's for tactics. Prefixes are generally used if from another site, hence FM Nation/Korea. I'd probably have one DC on cover, the other Defend but also drop the line by one.

Have you tried changing the DM role? I love the 4-3-3 formation and I tend to use an anchorman in the DMC slot.

YMMV but I find it solidifies the defence while not taking away from your CM combo.

Just some food for thought.

Also, I’m a touch wary of two things you have there. First, I know some of the tactic experts on here use it but I get very nervous about having two BPD together in central defence. Secondly, have you considered the flanks? For me, if I have an attacking winger/IF I use a more defensive player behind him (usually support) and vice versa.

Oh and I know it’s boring, but perhaps FB instead of WB might solidify things a bit consistency wise.

suggest change mentality asap :D and not enough ''attack'' winger role''

Have you tried changing the DM role? I love the 4-3-3 formation and I tend to use an anchorman in the DMC slot.

YMMV but I find it solidifies the defence while not taking away from your CM combo.

Just some food for thought.

Also, I’m a touch wary of two things you have there. First, I know some of the tactic experts on here use it but I get very nervous about having two BPD together in central defence. Secondly, have you considered the flanks? For me, if I have an attacking winger/IF I use a more defensive player behind him (usually support) and vice versa.

Oh and I know it’s boring, but perhaps FB instead of WB might solidify things a bit consistency wise.
For the last 10 matches I used FB instead of WB this is definitely helping. I' m now playing with two BPD one in a cover and one in a defend role) curious to see how this worksout

For me your problems in

• Two PL roles
  • No tackle role (BBM at least)
  • IF(a) is very huge personal-mentality role
  • you are playing too much narrow + no have W role
  • ME is ****