Need help with my away form - especially agianst big teams!!

dannyboy50

Reaction score
I'm currently playing as Manchester United, in my first season, my home form is pretty good (save a defeat to Manchester City!), but my away form isnt great.
I find myself looking at my calendar and getting all bent out of shape when i have an away game at Arsenal.
I've tried looking at the scouting report and using shouts to tailor my tactics to the situation - failed!
I've tried developing a second tactic where i have more men behind the ball - failed!

What i want to know is, what are the key things to look out for/remember when playing away from home?

If anyone requires screenshots of my tactics in order to help, please let me know

Thanks

Try a tactic with disciplined creativity and very direct/control approach.

I played with Astra. Side were bottom (started unemployed). I went for a deep 4-2-3-1 (2 DM Supports) approach with very rigid/direct/attacking game. This broke down big teams like Steaua and Cluj pretty well, but worked best against ones just below them like Rapid, Dinamo and Otelul. Especially away from home. I swapped to control however, and that bred even better results.

Here is what I run.

Rigid
Control
Direct
Discplined
Stand Off
Aggressive
Man Marking
Stick to Position

Forces a deeper d-line (but still medium). You'll dwell more and it forces them onto you. This is when you use the gap to force your direct & quick play. I'm not saying it's man made for United, especially since you'll need to adjust player roles to the players, but if you are asserting yourself onto the opposition away from home, you will get hit, and hit hard. Allow your players to slack/dwell/stop on the ball and play with lax d-line, and you could get the opposition out of position.