Need quality for promoted Boro side

jakedfc

Reaction score
Hi , i am more of a reader than a poster but i can't find any threads on players for low premier league sides :O.I am in the 15/16 season and after a 2nd place promotion , i have came 14th , 17th and 16th .My plan is to get Boro into Europe again within 5 more seasons .i play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. my team is (sorry don't know how to do screen caps)

GK- Jason Steele and he's pretty good , don't feel need to replace

LB- Gregg Cunningham,decent enough seems to be playing better than expected

CB- Ryan Taylor- again seems good enough to be in my team

CB- Robert Huth- seems error prone but somehow also very reliable

RB- Neal Eardley- bought from Blackpool but hasn't started well at all

CDM - Paulo Assunção- brought in as a free but looking at transfer listed Nzonzi

CM-Jermaine Jenas - maybe my best purchase , set up 7 in 8 games but out injured for 2 weeks

CM- Kevin Thomson- really is a true captain and great player

AM-Hatem Ben Arfa- oozes quality

AF- Griffiths/Zamora - Griffiths broke his leg in the opening match, so Zamora tried to step up (isn't working)

DLF-Nicholas Diguiny- He is my best player IMO 7 goals in 13 , love him

the main problem for me is find the players to take me into Europe, my reputation isn't that great and most players i look at aren't interested :( , i would really appreciate any advice .

You are stuck in the rut that many lower reputation teams fall into, you can't attract the quality to get up the table, but without the quality you cant improve your league standing.

I suggest looking towards youth with real promise, be it from your own system, or from other clubs. Supplement this with quality loans if possible and you may just make the breakthrough.

o.k , i see what you're saying , my youth facilities are good so hopefully i can get a couple of gems , i think i will also add the Brazil league .Most gems see to come through them! thanks for the help

tom cairney,ryan bennett,jack hobbs,jay rodriguez,ivan bandalovski,petar zanev, and id play leigh griffiths as a poacher and darwin quintero will also score you plenty as a poacher i have these 2 up front for my everton team and almost won title first season ending up finishing 3rd by 5 points but they scored almost all my goals

Darwin Quintero for a quality striker for cheap. However, depending on the amount of seasons you're going through, you may as well wait for some regenerated players who could be much much better.

Thanks for replying, i'll take a look at Darwin Quintero as he seems to be highly recommended :D going to take a look at tom cairney,ryan bennett,jack hobbs,jay rodriguez,ivan bandalovski,petar zanev, aswell , again thanks .

Darwin Quintero, Ivan Bandalovski and Peter Zanev isn't on my database , what leagues should i open up?

Last edited: