Need recommendations on a few players for Southampton!! Please help

Manuelx

Reaction score
Southampton have a very small squad and I could use a bit of help with player recommendation. I need 1 or 2 center backs, 1 good center midfielder, and a few attacking midfielders, also 1 striker. If they play more than 1 position that helps :D. I know it seems a lot, but I'm planning to rebuild the squad and introduce some fresh young talent. Age has to be reasonable too. Even if you know of 1 player that still helps. Thanks :D

I am in my 5th season with soton and I bought Leigh Griffiths, scottish poacher. He's cheap and great. (Although I had to wait untill jan to get him, think he was on a loan)

iv always got pires as backup and usually nile ranger but end up selling when im in the prem or matt tubbs

*All prices in Euro

Cb: Birger Maertens (Free) only has 8 pace but scores a few headers and can take penalties, in addition to being a pretty good veteran (age 31).
Funso Ojo (Loan) is pretty good at CB to, can be had on loan, and can develop to roughly Fonte's standard (or so my coaches tell me), available on loan with future fee of 2.5 million euro if you like him.

RB: Romario (1.5 mil) is world class potential and you can sign him in January. Otherwise you're fine for fullbacks.

CM: Rory Delap (650k): speaks for himself. Good all rounder with impressive fitness, though pretty old (35). Insane long throws can provide some goals, too.
Karl Henry: (Loan), pretty good, got him on loan.

AM: Steed Malbranque (free) is slow for a winger, old (32), and expensive, but can make a contribution. Ditto for Pires (who I've never actually had). Otherwise you're pretty good though. De Ridder is OK (scores a surprising number for finishing of 4), Falque can do a job in any attacking position well, Puncheon is good but inconsistent, and Lallana is a genius, the best player on the team imho.

ST: Wilfried Bony (release clause: 3.4, I think) is good on Vitesse, impressive athleticism and well rounded.
Yaya Sanogo (loan, free at end of year) has a contract which expires at the end of the year, and will join you on loan in the meantime. World class potential, pretty good at the start.
You're not really that bad upfront though, Lambert, Falque, Tadanri Lee (the pick of the bunch, for me), and Billy Sharp are all good championship strikers.

Oh, and get a new GK. Davis is pretty good, but you can do better (though he is my first choice after my attempt to replace him with Amos backfired).