ultraslan1988

Reaction score
no matter what freaking tactic I try my team QPR just don't respond, I get dominated by every single team out there and its annoying. I spent atleast 15m rebuilding the squad, buying promising youngsters who were better than my previous players but no luck.

Im using exactly the same tactics, which my reading team gained promotion with. So please, any help would be much appreciated its really getting on my nerves by losing to teams I should be beating without a sweat.

I don't really even understand, how to use individual player tactics so a little bit more elaboration would be good these are my current tactics and squad members. Some of the better players are injured, but they should be back soon....btw just give me tips please, I don't want to download anybody elses tactics I just need some decent tips

dddh-1.jpg

Last edited:
Its difficult to play very short passing and wide like you are as your team a too far away from each other to play short passing effectively.You need to either play narrower and keep short passing or more direct and keep your width.

i created a tactic using with leeds and sittin 4th wiv it:)

Thanks for the help so far guys, btw wilson that guide is brilliant its explaining things a lot better. I know how to play a striker one off another now, I see what you mean woody there is no link in my midfield either both my MCS were set to defensive I was trying to use the wide players to attack but it didn't work because the passing style didn't suit the width.

Im going to try my new formation now, Im thinking of going for another 4-4-2 but this time Im going to tweak it by making one of the attackers drop and use 1 attacking midfielder instead of 2 defensive CMS, Im also going to get one of my cbs to push up a bit that should get the passing flowing again.

Cheers guys, I'll let you know how my team get on from now. I think that my team still needs to gel aswell, I done about 10 transfers lol

One of the things I found helpful was to go to a stock standard tactic, and make minor adjustments.

It's also helpful to reduce your width and tempo. I've been experimenting a bit with having time wasting at the same setting as passing style, and tempo it's mirror. (If passing is 14, make time wasting 14 and tempo 6). This seems to give the players a little more time to control their passing, hence improving your possession.

Apart from the tactic, have a look at the morale. Use the team talks to encourage and support, though don't praise a loss unless it was a really good effort against opposition expected to win. A rule of thumb I use for pre-game talks is:

Morale Talk
Very Poor/Poor I have faith in your ability
Okay No pressure on you

At half time, I tell anyone with a rating over 7.0 I am pleased (unless all are over 7.0), anyone over 8.0 I say I'm delighted.
Once more with the stats in the mid 6's (6.4 to 6.6) who has a poor morale I also tell I'm pleased.

Regardless of fitness or stats, morale will affect how a player will go into those 50/50 balls so iit's worth spending time on it.

Good luck.