SRB19

Reaction score
Hello guys
I've got a tactical idea in mind but the problem is that I've never worked with this kind of formation before. It's quite easy to make a good 4-2-3-1 wide formation but this one is a bit tricky for me to perfect.
It is a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow formation and I want to play a counter attacking, quick passing football. I don't want to bomb the ball forward and want to play quick passing instead.
View attachment 196665 View attachment 196664

I'm getting mixed results and concede too much in the final 20 minutes of games. Berardi not consistently scoring goals for me and my players get too many yellow cards.
If some tactical genius has some tips for me to improve this tactic it would be appreciated.

Hello guys
I've got a tactical idea in mind but the problem is that I've never worked with this kind of formation before. It's quite easy to make a good 4-2-3-1 wide formation but this one is a bit tricky for me to perfect.
It is a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow formation and I want to play a counter attacking, quick passing football. I don't want to bomb the ball forward and want to play quick passing instead.
View attachment 1002220 View attachment 1002221

I'm getting mixed results and concede too much in the final 20 minutes of games. Berardi not consistently scoring goals for me and my players get too many yellow cards.
If some tactical genius has some tips for me to improve this tactic it would be appreciated.
Remember that you're setting up how to play when there ISN'T a counter on. Counter attacks themselves will be attacking and work the ball forward quickly.

This is worth a read: The Art of Counter Attacking

Remember that you're setting up how to play when there ISN'T a counter on. Counter attacks themselves will be attacking and work the ball forward quickly.

This is worth a read: The Art of Counter Attacking

So should I change the mentality to attacking instead of counter? Also what do you have to say about the team instructions and player roles, something that needs to be changed there?

So should I change the mentality to attacking instead of counter? Also what do you have to say about the team instructions and player roles, something that needs to be changed there?
Why do you want to switch to Attacking? Is that how you want to play?