nuttie89

Reaction score
I am playing with chelsea and doing ok. 2nd in the league atm and top of champions league group but i feel that this will not last much longer.
i only ever seem to get very scrappy victories and drawing a lot but not losing. i usually have the majority of possession high 50 and more recently 65%.
But chance creation seems very low despite telling all players not to shoot from distance they all seem too wondering if this is due to lack of space.

my main tactic is 4-2-3-1
i also use 2-3-2-1-2 with wingbacks and a diamond midfield formation to try and cut out opposition playing 4231.
i would just like some help getting some decent consistent performances from players and some bigger margins of victory I am really strugling to enjoy this game but trying so hard to i dont know how to add pics but shall look it up if you need them.

Screenshot of your tactics?

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the last bit. To take a screenshot press F12, then on this website press the square with a picture of a tree on (Below where you select font and writing size.) Then go to:

C>Programme Files>Steam>userdata>99162599>760>remote>207890>screenshots :)

Last edited:
Have you made any changes to the players instructions, and do you use any shouts?

I'll focus on the the 4-5-1 tactic first.

You don't have enough players on support, and the central area is way too cramped. Make the AMC on a support duty, and the DLF a striker that plays further up the pitch (Basically anything exept a DLF or Treq).

I would either get rid of the IFs and make them AP or AM attacks, or push them further out wide so they are in the AML and AMR positions. I would also put one as a winger attack to vary the attack more.

Slow tempo will make it easier for the opponents to get their shape back and defend. If you are trying to make a possession tactic, have it a fast tempo. There is a difference to what Barcelona do when they keep the ball and a slow tempo. Barca play an really fast tempo, passing it around one and two touch. They just play extremely short passes.

I would also set the playmaker as 'none'.

Similar problem with the 4-1-2-1-2, you have everything very narrow and cramped. Make ramires a BBM, and make one of the strikers a CF - support.

From there, it depends on the kind of football you want your team to play.

i was thinking along the same lines that it was too cramped but my squad currently doesn't have any attacking width other than hazard and marin who is not performing for me i do have another formation with two wide wingers but not really given it to much chance.
i shall try the support ap that sounds a good idea and maybe you are right about the tempo as i am quite regularly crowded out so could do with a earlier release of the ball to the front man thank you for input.

that seems to have worked the increase in tempo and it hasn't limited my amount of possession i am having just had my 2 biggest wins back to back 3-0 away and 5-0 at home so hopefully i can keep this up thank you

that seems to have worked the increase in tempo and it hasn't limited my amount of possession i am having just had my 2 biggest wins back to back 3-0 away and 5-0 at home so hopefully i can keep this up thank you

No problem haha :D