xlewisx

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've started a save as Newcastle and thoroughly enjoying it! However despite this I am worryingly sitting in 15th currently in my first season and we're about to come up to October. Early days, I know, but only one win from the first five against Norwich at home isn't the best of starts. I've been putting it down to the fixture computer being harsh on me as the other 4 games have been against Fulham away, Chelsea at home, Man United away and Spurs away. The Chelsea game was an absolute nightmare with 2 players getting injured (Cabaye and Ben Arfa) and the referee making some poor decisions.

i am slightly worried that Demba Ba has been less than enthralling and I've just tied him down to a long term contract worth 62k a week. He hasn't hit the target once and he's been ever present bar one game against Ventspils in a Europa League qualifier. We've thankfully been doing good in Europe but the league form hasn't been good and I'm just a little worried and wondered if anyone has anything to share that could help me! My tactics and team are below.

GK - Krul
RB - Lichtsteiner (bought for 9.5 mil, been amazing so far)
CB - Okore (again been an amazing buy)
CB - Coloccini
LB - Santon
DM - Tiote
CM - Cabaye
CM - Bigirimana (due to Anita being injured, been an impressive step in)
AM - Wellington Nem (buy him wherever I go and he's always so good)
ST - Cisse
ST - Ba (yet to score this season)

Subs - Harper, De Ceglie, S. Taylor, Obertan, Gosling, Ameobi & Vuckic.

I predominantly play an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 at home and away tend to play a counter attacking 4-5-1 but so far have had no luck and my away form speaks for itself.

My defenders all have great average ratings of 7.06 and above, but we cannot keep a clean sheet for anything and going forward we've been less than impressive with Cisse as my top scorer with just 4 goals in all comps. I know it's early doors I just don't want to be floating around the mid table all season as I think we can really go places, especially with the new signings! If anyone could help me to improve that would be great!

where is ben arfa? best player for me in newcastle save,absolute beast for like 5 season then sold him for 21M,im currently in 2022 and have won lots of things,prem 3 times,CL twice not name a few.at the beginning i played 442(6th first season,5th 2nd season,then top 4 ever since,same tactic/formation),one cm as DLP defend,tiote is perfect for this role,the other cm is AP attack,cabaye fits this role very well...both wingers sets as winger attack...wellington nem(who i signed) on left with jonas as sub and HBA on right,obertan as sub...two strikers one as poacher attack,ba can play this but ademilson is a beast here,and has a buyout class of about 5m,check him out,other striker is complete forward support,the key is high strength and heading so cisse/ameobi would suit there for a while until u find a replacemen that fits the bill.your defence seems solid enough,look for some u23s in near future to build up for future,all skills u need in my setup is heading,tackling,concentration,pace..krul will eventually leave as he thinks hes bigger than the club,but ull get bout 10-15m for him,so be on the lookout for a gk,reflexes and handling on skills worth worrying about..i do hope this heps as ive had alot of success with my newcastle save(cant remember ever getting to 2022 in any other save)

where is ben arfa? best player for me in newcastle save,absolute beast for like 5 season then sold him for 21M,im currently in 2022 and have won lots of things,prem 3 times,CL twice not name a few.at the beginning i played 442(6th first season,5th 2nd season,then top 4 ever since,same tactic/formation),one cm as DLP defend,tiote is perfect for this role,the other cm is AP attack,cabaye fits this role very well...both wingers sets as winger attack...wellington nem(who i signed) on left with jonas as sub and HBA on right,obertan as sub...two strikers one as poacher attack,ba can play this but ademilson is a beast here,and has a buyout class of about 5m,check him out,other striker is complete forward support,the key is high strength and heading so cisse/ameobi would suit there for a while until u find a replacemen that fits the bill.your defence seems solid enough,look for some u23s in near future to build up for future,all skills u need in my setup is heading,tackling,concentration,pace..krul will eventually leave as he thinks hes bigger than the club,but ull get bout 10-15m for him,so be on the lookout for a gk,reflexes and handling on skills worth worrying about..i do hope this heps as ive had alot of success with my newcastle save(cant remember ever getting to 2022 in any other save)

Ben Arfa is currently injured for 3 months which is a major blow, I'm doing everything to keep him and so far it's been working. I sold Jonas as I thought he wasn't good enough and I didn't plan to use wingers here. I'm going to check out Ademilson as I've heard a lot of good things about him and I'm gonna need a new striker when Ba and Cisse head off to Africa! Thanks for the advice though, been a big help especially looking to the future! I'll be on the look out for a new keeper too, as much as I think Krul is fantastic I can't stand his attitude and doesn't surprise me that he leaves because of his ego. I'll also need to find a big replacement for Coloccini in a couple years time, any suggestions?

Ben Arfa is currently injured for 3 months which is a major blow, I'm doing everything to keep him and so far it's been working. I sold Jonas as I thought he wasn't good enough and I didn't plan to use wingers here. I'm going to check out Ademilson as I've heard a lot of good things about him and I'm gonna need a new striker when Ba and Cisse head off to Africa! Thanks for the advice though, been a big help especially looking to the future! I'll be on the look out for a new keeper too, as much as I think Krul is fantastic I can't stand his attitude and doesn't surprise me that he leaves because of his ego. I'll also need to find a big replacement for Coloccini in a couple years time, any suggestions?

i had collocini playing up until he retired as he was my captain and he did a good job,last season i was rotating him with a yougster...zouma is soooo good but he costs a bomb,think i got him for like 30m(installments) , romulu is a great cb too cost me about 8m,jores okore is a decent cheap option,personally id go for defenders 21-24 years old,concentrating purely on pace,heading,tackling,concentration.dunno if its too early in game but i had 2 keepers in reserve for 3seasons until krul left,acosta(argentina) and perea (mexico) both world class at the age of 24,n i probably got thr pair for about 5-6 million.yes krul's attitude does stink but he will be decent for 3-4 seasons then sell for good money,so bring in a youngish replacement asap,playing in reserves n the cup games(early stages) cisse n ba will b loss on nations duty but ademilson will carry u if u can sign him...what roles do u have your 2 attackers playing?

I would suggest you set up a def/short passing [41212] and try to get a few clean sheets under your belt. In my Newcastle save Coloccini always performed best with a deep line. Also, have you tried the 6-2-2-0 philosophy? Its my favourite counter tactic on this site and is fairly adaptable. I got great results against the big teams [even at Old Trafford] with it. Heres the link:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...6-2-2-0-counter-hypothesis-work-progress.html

Cisse Poacher
Ba on the left as inside forward