dannycope

Reaction score
Hi all. I've usually been one to download other peoples tactics but I finally decided to create my own. It works pretty well and I get about 60% possession every game but I am only winning by 1 or 2 goals at most and conceding nearly every game. Any advice on how to concede less/create more scoring opportunities?

View attachment 380590

In my opinion, the matching between the space used and the Decison urgency is not good enough. You play narrow within a narrow formation. This along with trying to get the ball forward quickly( tempo) and force the players to make quick Decisons( time wasting) basiclly makes your team either hold posession in deep position or when in the final third, lacking movement and passing options int free space , fail to create really good chances. Whilst this might Work for an underdog( with the Counter strategy), you Will struggle more as most opponents Will flood the same area as you do, making it hard for you to penetrate them. Here, Its better to use more with and let the runs from deep come from players deeper down the field.