Need suggestions for 13/14 Liverpool team

anfieldreds09

Reaction score
I'm already in the 2013/2014 season with Liverpool, and to the say the least, I've merely done average thus far. I haven't won a title or a champions cup yet. I finished 3rd last season, just 3 points behind Arsenal and the season before that, I got 2nd- just 2 points behind Man Utd. Although, my U18 team has won it's group (with Man City, Everton, and Man Utd) for the past four years, if that's any consolation.

Anyway, I really want to look for a good, new tactic that might help me out. This season in particular, I've had a bad start. After only losing 3 games last year, I'm now already 4-2-3 in the 9th week in 8th place.

Here's my squad:

------------------------------Fernando Torres------------------------------
Jack Wilshere--------------Sergio Aguero-------------Steven Gerrard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------Ruben De La Red------------Javier Mascherano------------
Gareth Bale----Mamadou Sakho----Federico Fazio----Glen Johnson
-------------------------------Sergio Asenjo---------------------------------

Subs:
Jose Manuel Reina - GK
Emiliano Insua - D L
Davide Santon - D RL
Steven Taylor - D RC
Jamie Carragher - D RC, DM
Xabi Alonso - DM, M RC
Ryan Babel - AM LC, F C
Pedro Leon - AM RC
Fernando Forestieri - AM RC, F C
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - ST

Mentality: Attacking
Passing: Direct
Tempo: Quick
Width: Wide
Closing Down: Own Half
Time Wasting: Mixed
Defensive Line: Deep
Tacking: Normal
Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks
Marking: Zonal
Tight Marking: yes
Target man: yes (Torres, Huntelaar, Aguero)
Playmaker: yes (Gerrard, Aguero, or Forestieri)
Counter attack: yes

I frequently rotate players. Insua will often play instead of Bale, Reina for Asenjo, Santon for Johnson, Taylor for Sakho/Fazio, Alonso for De la Red/Mascherano, Babel for Wilshere, Pedro Leon for Gerrard, Forestieri for Aguero, and Huntelaar for Torres.

Torres is certainly my #1 scorer. Aguero and Forestieri follow close behind though. And then Fazio and Taylor score many goals off of corners as well.

I tend to do fairly well against most average teams and beat them 3-0, 4-0, etc. However, I always choke against the stronger teams (Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Tottenham, etc.)

I do very well getting breakaways and that tends to be how I score most of my goals (other than headers off of corners from Fazio and Taylor).

My reserves team and U18 team include very solid performers and future prospects. Both teams almost always finish at the top of their group or runner-up.

Gerrard is 33 and Alonso is 31, hence, they are getting on in years and, although Gerrard is still a very solid player, they will surely be retiring in the not so far off future.

Here are some screenshots to help you understand where my team is (since I'm so far along):

Picture10-1.png

Picture9-1.png

Picture18.png

Picture13-1.png

Picture16-1.png

Picture8.png

Any thoughts on anything I could to perform better? Signings of certain players? Selling certain players? Changing the tactic? Anything you have in mind would help.

Thanks a lot!

I wasn't actually really looking for help on just finding a player...

Primarily, I requested suggestions for a new tactic or just someone to point out what I'm doing wrong to land my team in 8th place and consistently fail at winning a title...

try jp woodys pepe guardola tatitcs

Well, it sounds like you have been doing well in years before so maybe you are just going through a bad patch. I expect you'll find that your team will get going soon. Carry on how you are for a few more games. Good luck by the way.