Hernanes

Reaction score
Hi

I'm in my first season with Malaga and I am in a poor form (2-3 valencia; 0-0 Zaragoza; 2-2 Sevilla; 0-3 Getafe)

I am playing at the moment with a 4-3-3 Barça style.

Gallatti(Goalkeeper/Defense)

J. Gamez(WB/Support) /Weligton(CB/Defense) / Diakhité(CB/Defense) /Manu or
Dodo(WB/Support)

Edu Ramos(Defensive Midfielder/Defense)

Sandro Silva(Advanced Plm/Support) / Apono(Deep lying Plm/Support)

Duda(Inside Forward/Attack) / Lucas(Inside Forward/Attack)

Vaclav Kadlec(Advanced Forward/Attack)

I play with: aggressive mentality; pressing; short passing style; drill crosses

Now I need some help. I don't know which I tactic I should use. Could someone make some suggestions or perhaps say which player's roles I should use?

Thank You a lot

Uhm first of all you should buy a couple more of good players, I know Malaga have some nice budget ;)

at first glance I say if you use WB then maybe better on defend, or you can use FB on support. And Dodo at DL could be a liability with his low marking and tackling (he will improve though).

Midfield: Sandro Silva is more a defensive midfielder I think so adv playmaker not the best for him. Also adv & deep playmaker together maybe not the best fit. Try DLP support (apono ok) and central midfield attack (buy someone maybe) so your CM will come late in the box as an extra attacker.

Inside forwards opposite foot/side and good dribblers (Duda ok, Lucas idk)

If you like that 4-1-2-2-1 formation I suggest you take a look at Koflok goals galore, one of the best tactics here IMO

The problem is that the transfer period is over an that I only have 2 mio left. I bought some youngsters like Thiago Alves, but I have to wait until 2011 and then he will come. My tactic is a little bit influenced by Koflok goals galore. Duda plays with the left foot on the right side and Lucas with right foot on the left side. The principal problem is my defense.

The problem is that the transfer period is over an that I only have 2 mio left. I bought some youngsters like Thiago Alves, but I have to wait until 2011 and then he will come. My tactic is a little bit influenced by Koflok goals galore. Duda plays with the left foot on the right side and Lucas with right foot on the left side. The principal problem is my defense.

I remember in a brief Malaga testing Wellington-Juanito were an excellent partnership in defence. Maybe bring back Juanito in the starting line-up?

Also when playing away try standard mentality, less pressing, and if you take the lead play counter with deeper d-line, slower tempo and time wasting often. You may steal some unlikely wins this way.

Try that together with the role changes and things should get a little better.

I don't really remember all the players there but maybe Sandro Silva can do the job until you can buy someone. Definitely better as a CM than adv playmaker anyway

You can search your own team looking at the highlighted attributes for position in individual instructions. Passing, decisions, finishing, long shots & off the ball will be important, as well as good physical stats.

Kadlec, Dodo and Lucas (if he's the one from Sao Paulo) should all develop into top class players, but maybe you should think to play them gradually as they (and their stats) grow, especially the first year (well Kadlec not really, he's a beast from the start).

Thx you for your ideas. I am now on the 4 position five points behind barcelona and I had a 6 games run without conceding a goal. However I had a heavy defeat against real: 4-1 at home

I'm now in january and I'm searching for a CM. I am going to buy verratti, but I wanted to buy Kevin, however he refused to talk with me. So now I don't know which CM I should buy. Perhaps milan badelj, but I can't find him.

Last edited:
Thx you for your ideas. I am now on the 4 position five points behind barcelona and I had a 6 games run without conceding a goal. However I had a heavy defeat against real: 4-1 at home

I'm now in january and I'm searching for a CM. I am going to buy verratti, but I wanted to buy Kevin, however he refused to talk with me. So now I don't know which CM I should buy. Perhaps milan badelj, but I can't find him.

glad things are going better now. Sometimes it's a matter of your team gelling together and learning a new tactic, however your formation should have a little more balance this way :)

Madrid and Barcelona are tough, I remember I snatched a win against Real thanks to my keeper but I got thrashed like 5-0 by Barça at home... sometimes they decide they're just unplayable, anyway 4th place would be really something for Malaga.

I like Verratti very much, he's my best player right now (playing with San Marino in serie A) he's good at the start of the game but will become great in a couple of years!

Now I have to face Barcelona 3 times in 7 days. 1 in La Liga and 2 in the spanish cup. It will be very difficult, especially without Kadlec who is injured for 3 weeks. I am trying to get Thiago from Barcelona for a free transfer, but he doesn't even want to talk with me. I think he would be very good for my team especially because he is one of my favourite players. What can I do so that he will accept my contract offers? I talked to the press and admired him already, but he ignored them.

players from world class clubs are often unwilling joining lesser teams, but that could change if they're unsettled or on transfer list.

If he's on transfer list and still won't even enter talks, try getting him on loan and maybe you will become his favorite staff or Malaga his favorite team (happened to me several times with loaned players) so at the end of the season he will accept a permanent transfer.

Just don't overlook Verratti in any case: he's young, cheap & amazing!

I will try to buy them both. Both are young and very promising talents. My favourite kind of players^^