Need tactical advice against man city

luisbs

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm managing sporting lisbon and going thru the second season. I balanced the squad the best i could, but i dont have a team to match man city on champions league, away even worst. I would like some advice to avoid getting squashed, even get a draw if possible.
Their side is playing a 4321 piramid and always drifting from their positions and changing positions between themselvs which makes defending quite a nightmare. But maybe there's a Gap for my offensive thru the flanks?

its terrible cause i usually play, short passing, wide positioning, slow tempo and build up, which is no challenge to man city' side. I'm currently first at portuguese league, but getting a hard time to go through the next champions cup phase.

Help please!

thks

Hey guys,

i'm managing sporting lisbon and going thru the second season. I balanced the squad the best i could, but i dont have a team to match man city on champions league, away even worst. I would like some advice to avoid getting squashed, even get a draw if possible.
Their side is playing a 4321 piramid and always drifting from their positions and changing positions between themselvs which makes defending quite a nightmare. But maybe there's a Gap for my offensive thru the flanks?

its terrible cause i usually play, short passing, wide positioning, slow tempo and build up, which is no challenge to man city' side. I'm currently first at portuguese league, but getting a hard time to go through the next champions cup phase.

Help please!

thks

Playing a slow tempo is for the team who will mainly aim to dominate in your case it'll be Manchester City. I always do use assistants suggestions on opposition players (not sure on what it is on the game).
Personally I always play Attacking and Control, along with either slow or high tempo depending on home and away but I'm United so might be different. But I would go Attacking-Control as what would you have to lose?
If you could post up a screenshot may be able to give some sort of advice :)

Last edited:
Like Chap said, post some Screenshots. but from my experience with Sporting at home ytour strongest team should be good enough to compete with City and alikes playing an attacking game