*NEEDS TESTING* JC's Positive 3-2-2-3-0 DM Wide -WM

Cannylad96

Reaction score
If there is any benefit to be found from a global pandemic, it is the time that I have been able to invest in the development of this tactic; a tactic that ultimately embodies my own footballing philosophy and the way I think the beautiful game should be played.

I will have to start off by saying that this tactic represents only the very raw idea of what I had in mind, being limited somewhat my the mechanics of the game. However, I have been pleased so far with the results, and hopefully, those that test and go on to use this tactic will not only find success with it but also have a glimpse of what I would hope to achieve should a more exact method for building tactics ever be released.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Inspired by some of my favourite managers (Nagelsmann, Klopp, Guardiola and Bielsa), and modelled on the historic 'W-M' formation, I have set out do develop a dominant brand of football, one that allows my teams to control the game, almost constantly creating exciting and efficient attacks, while remaining fluid enough to adapt under any circumstances. While the emphasis is very evidently on the attack, almost seeming as reckless as Kevin Keegan's Newcastle teams of the 90s, this tactic is in fact deceptively balanced, having shipped a shockingly low number of goals in the tests that I have managed to do so far. In my main save, ever since implementing this tactic, there have been only 2 games where my side has scored less than 2 goals, with the number of goals conceded overall being able to be counted on my fingers. However, while this tactic has been working almost perfectly for me, I wonder if this is down to how picky I have been with my recruitment and my own intimate understanding of the tactic.

This is why I have decided to upload this tactic here, in the hopes that it can be tested by the good people at FM base. I am beyond happy with how this tactic has worked for me, both in a couple of personal saves and some online saves, but it is time that we see if this is just down to my own way of playing the game, or if the tactic is actually any good. IF the tests come back as this being a particularly successful tactic for others, I plan on creating a more in-depth analysis of how the tactic works, both in FM and my wider footballing philosophy, and will at that time include screenshots, scouting notes, player recommendations etc.

Until then, I hope that some of you have a lot of fun testing this tactic. Stay safe!

Attachments

• JC's Positive 3-2-2-3-0 DM Wide - WM.fmf
    43 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Any result ?

I've only just started putting this together, but if you let me know what results you'd like, I'll go get the relevant evidence for you! Currently my main focus is finding other players that would be happy to test the tactic, or hopefully the FM Base tactics tester, so that we can have some more unbiased results.

But yeah, I'll open up the saves that I've used it on and get some for you soon :)

**EDIT** I'll upload results hopefully at the end of the week. The main save I have with the results is a custom database, so will blitz through a season or 2 on a normal database and show you those results

Last edited:
I've only just started putting this together, but if you let me know what results you'd like, I'll go get the relevant evidence for you! Currently my main focus is finding other players that would be happy to test the tactic, or hopefully the FM Base tactics tester, so that we can have some more unbiased results.

But yeah, I'll open up the saves that I've used it on and get some for you soon :)

**EDIT** I'll upload results hopefully at the end of the week. The main save I have with the results is a custom database, so will blitz through a season or 2 on a normal database and show you those results
Do you use Oi? What training? I really like the formation and i wil give it a try.

Do you use Oi? What training? I really like the formation and I wil give it a try.

Oi I leave to my Assman, and honestly I do the same with training, although once I get better with the training side I will probably change that. I'd say something that you'd usually do for vertical tiki-taka or gegenpress tactics, due to the passing, possession and high tempo/physicality.

What I do focus on though is individual training. All of my players are trained to perform to the best of their abilities in each of the roles in the tactic. Would also suggest that the libero and halfbacks look to play long passes, possibly with the halfbacks preferring to stay back, although mine don't have the staying back and it works fine!
If you find anything that works though let me know!