stefdza90

Reaction score
can anyone please write some guidelines for negotiating?

this system is completly new to me and it always seems that my players are getting too high salary...

tnx

offer them lower than what they want and then renogiate accordingly

They always want more than they know they can get,so underbid them in all areas and see what they respond with

This is what i do, Offer atleast 20,000k off their contract they want and over stuff then see what they reply untill the box at the top goes green.

Its all in the haggling, if they have a lot of patients its easier, some are just impossible to deal with, but I have saved a good bit of money from haggling - offer real small sums first time around, to get them to lower their idea...then increase slightly each time till you both reach a compromise.

I have surprised myself several times with the money I have saved with some players. On the other hand, some people just dont budge and you cant get near them.

get one or two scout reports of the player before you negotiate and check how much you scout thinks he will sign for, offer this amount

check the agents stats:
if he is patient then play with him a bit offering less than you should in the hope of getting the player on the cheap
if he wants a lot of money for himself then give it to him but take it from the players sign on fee

Also, if it's a player you want to reinforce your back ups and won't be having many games, you can compensate the less regular wage with higer bonus per appearance. Though if it's going to be a first team regular that's obviously not an option, since it would end shooting your wage expenses to the moon.

I know when negotiating with the board, just say "i thought we had the same ambitions" every time you want something, they haven't said no to me yet when ive replied with that.

If you don't want to go as high as they're asking, but they won't budge, negotiate a contract you would approve off and just tick the non-negotiable box. A lot of times they accept your contract, sometimes they don't - either way it's worth a punt rather than just ending talks.