Netbook Guide For FM2010

I have a Acer Aspire one looking for to get rid of the Linux thats on it though. Have no idea how to though. Nightmare.

no idea on that, i used to have an ubuntu powered netbook but would have no idea how to convert to windows. try googling it

Thanks for the guide Jake! Also I made a post on my blog on how to imrpove the performance of football manager and I think it will help all the netbook users because when I played it on my Dell netbook with the help of this thread it was always slow so I made some tweaks to my netbook and it runs way better! If you guys get any problems like the game being slow then go to my blog which is in my signature and go to my post which is name "How to improve football manager performance" or click here

Hi
thanks for your useful posts but I still don't get FM to work is it because my netbook is a dell inspron 10v mini?When I ask it to launch it dosen't come up i try to launch it again but it just says Football Manager 2010 is already running? I really need some help because i am getting really annoyed
Thanks help would be appreciated

can you give me the specs? because my netbook (nc10) and yours appear to have the same specs and therefore it shoul work for you.

are you 100% sure you entered the small screen windowed bit correctly?

Quality thread Jake!.

I've got a netbook tho dont use it often as i dont like it but i might need to install it as my cousins visits us at dodgy times and will have to let them use my computer as they like to play games like Rct3 etc so your i might install it after all.

Top notch dude.

Last edited:
Quality thread Jake!.

I've got a netbook tho dont use it often as i dont like it but i might need to install it as my cousins visits us at dodgy times and will have to let them use it as they like to play games like Rct3 etc so your i might install it after all.

Top notch dude.

cheers mate, yeah i hated mine at first, too small, fiddly keyboard etc. but now i love it, i struggle to use a normal size keyboard lol

I have a dell inspron 10v mini please someone help me

a small low powered laptop. usually with a screen no bigger than 10 inches.

your dell should work, its the same spec as mine aside from the ram.

have you follweod all my steps?

hmmm, you are the second person to report problems with the dell inspiron 10v mini

im not sure what to suggest, other than triple checking you followed my advice to the letter.

if not you could try contacting dell to clarify whether your machine is capable of running the game or not

When I try to load up FM it says The Procedure entry point SymgetlineFromAddrw64 could not be located dynamic link library dgb help.dll.
WHAT DO I DO???

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Thanks for your help i will try contacting dell

I'm using a Medion Akora 1312 Netbook, which has an 11.2 inch screen, uses an AMD Sempron processor and has 1366 x 768 resolution. Not sure if any of these specs will make a difference.

Have run FM 2009 successfully installed from disk and I use an add on usb cd/dvd drive for installing software.

With FM 2009 the game dvd does not need to be present, but with FM 2010 I believe it does.

Therefore my question is, after installing FM 2010 via my usb dvd/cd drive, how do I get it to run without the drive?

I don't want to install via steam and I don't want to carry my usb dvd/cd drive around with me.

May be a stupid question, but FM 2009 runs really well on this netbook and I'd love to run FM 2010 on it.

Steam is the only way if you dont want to use a disk, how come you dont want to use it? its good, updates your game for you etc with no effort to go and find the patches to download

no steam isnt the only way. you can create an image file of your disc and save it to your hard drive. daemon tools light is a good one.

yeah i was going to say that, didnt know if you was allowed to say stuff like that, like nocd patches etc?

yeah i was going to say that, didnt know if you was allowed to say stuff like that, like nocd patches etc?

im not sure what a no cd patch is. If you are reffering to a pirate copy of the game, then no its not best to mention that around the site. But there are plenty of programs that mount a copy of your legally bought cd onto your hard drive. your computer recognises the copy file as the actual cd and allows you to play the game

Steam is the only way if you dont want to use a disk, how come you dont want to use it? its good, updates your game for you etc with no effort to go and find the patches to download

Thanks for reply.

1) I don't want to use steam as I've already bought the game on DVD and use it on my desktop PC and can only play the game on one machine at a time anyway.

2) I try my hardest to never pay for anything over the Internet that requires to to give my credit or debit card details (call me paranoid if you like).

3) I like to choose what updates I use, i.e. make sure they work and that I'm happy with changes made to database etc. before I install and use them. 10.0.3 for example, has given the Liverpool players a real pounding in terms of stats and database ratings. Fair enough you might say on this season's performances, but they didn't get a hike last season following finishing second in the prem.

Thanks to Jake for suggesting Daemon Tools Lite to create a disk image on the hard disk and run from there instead.

I've had variable success with these types of programs in the past, but I can confirm that the above works, even if the software's not very friendly.

First I created the disk image and then mounted it as instructed. FM 2010 installed successfully from the disk image on the hard disk and seems to play successfully on my Medion notebook.

Next step is to install update 10.0.3 (possibly edit the Liverpool players stats and dBase ratings), add a decent skin and try it out. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks Jake

Regards

Piginho

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:48 PM ----------

Thanks again Jake

Just to confirm I have updated to 10.3.0 and have added FM 07/09 skin which has an option for tree menu on right (I much prefer this to the new FM 2010 layout) but would really like to use an updated version of Steklo 09 as this is best skin I've ever used!

I can confirm that it runs very nicely, obviously not superfast, on my Medion notebook and the 3D match screen runs acceptably smoothly as well.

Regards

Piginho

I have a Acer Aspire one looking for to get rid of the Linux thats on it though. Have no idea how to though. Nightmare.

I have the same laptop and also have ubuntu on it... if you want to get rid of the Linux on there you'll need to get yourself a USB CD/DVD and a working copy of windows or whatever else you want on it. Connect the USB Drive to the netbook and boot it from USB so it runs from the CD drive and not your HDD.

Ive got Ubuntu on mine, I dont think FM2010 works on it at the moment.

This is a basic link to what works regarding FM2010 on Ubuntu but its without the patches.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18235&iTestingId=46202

It looks like it does work with the latest patch aswell if you search on google you get some forums on people talking about it