s_maqbool

Reaction score
Hello peeps,

I'm fairly new to FM-base but not new to FM itself. I've been playing the game for many many years and i've just recently bought a Acer Aspire One.

Netbook Spec: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One

I've got Ubuntu installed on it as the operating system. Im wondering if I installed FM2010 on this via a USB CD/DVD drive would the game work ok on the netbook?

Any feedback would help, I may look at adding some more RAM into the netbook if I need to.

what gig RAM you got in it ?
aslong as the RAM is around 1 gig + should be fine even if it isnt you should be able to use a memory stick to increase it using the tool within Vista / W7.
Only thing may be that you might not be able to watch it in the 3D match engine depending on the on board GFX

scratch what i said missed the bit where it says Ubuntu go with Stu >_>

Last edited:
try this site - HERE. Its FMTux, specially made for FM for Ubuntu/Linux.

im not using windows, i've got ubuntu netbook remix on it, and its being a pain to install.

So far i've:-
1. used winetricks to install directx9 and other essential software that the games needs to run.
I've used the Terminal window to install the name via typing "Wine "file path"/setup.exe"

But when I do this it says some essential data is missing and im not sure what data i havent installed, I've installed directx9, dotnet1 and dotnet2, all fonts and codecs.

EDIT:

I've searched the internet loads to find a solutions to this problem but i'm not sure what is going on. Been trying this for hours now.. learning alot of nothing lol

When I run the "setup.exe" I now get the installation screen up and go through all the options, click advance and click no to opening fm after installation and no to installing directx9 as ive done this through winetricks. Click Install...

It starts to install and then asks me to locate fm09 so it can uninstall it.... without finding fm09 it won't install fm10... and i dont have fm09 on my netbook at all...

Not sure what I am missing to be honest.... if anyone could help, would be greatly appreciated.

I'll update you on the situation when I try/find out more information.

Last edited:
Hey guys pleasse help me out .
I am thinking of buying a new netbook having elegant skin, Could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing good netbook skins?

netbook skins