Network Game Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevwelford

Reaction score
I need help on how to get a network game going with my mate as everytime we try it just gives us the "Unable To Connect To Server" message.

Does it matter if one is installed on Steam and one aint??

Do i have to download anything in order to do a network game??

Kev

If you're having trouble you can try using Hamachi.

Here's a nice guide that was written for FM 2008 but still the same principles. Click Here.

Does both of the people wanting to play this network game have to download Hamachi??

yes you have to have a hamachi network configured to the same host to play . . i am playing an online game now :) it should work then

Network error

Hi all,

I played an local network yesterday. Config :
2 PCs
2 Macs

Very strange was that from time to time, we played matches but at the end, the results were different from the match we played !!!

Means you play, you win, let's say 2:0 and after the match, watching all results, you notice that you lost 1:2. The match was a completely different one that described in the results.

That happened 3 times, so we decided to stop playing.

Help is needed here guys, thank you.

Hi all,

I played an local network yesterday. Config :
2 PCs
2 Macs

Very strange was that from time to time, we played matches but at the end, the results were different from the match we played !!!

Means you play, you win, let's say 2:0 and after the match, watching all results, you notice that you lost 1:2. The match was a completely different one that described in the results.

That happened 3 times, so we decided to stop playing.

Help is needed here guys, thank you.

Do you all have exactly the same database?

Hamachi/Network problem

Hi,

I am a new user of Hamachi and it has been absolutley brilliant so far, with a great network game possible...

BUT. and there is always a but, my mate keeps losing his connection, and therefore gets kicked out of FM. His internet runs fine, and so does mine (I am running as server), but the problem seems to be linked to the connection that we have with each other via Hamachi (wither i loses connection or him).

The problem is ok managable as he just needs to reconnect - apart from in a game scenerio as he loses the ability to control substitutions.

He gets kicked out every 1.5 hours or so.

Also, even tho we are able to connect and play, if we try to 'test ping' one another...'request timed out' - could this indicate a problem?

I have seen a similar post on another site, but no replys!?

Please help??

<P><H1>Hamachi - Steps to better gaming...</H1>

<P>Follow the following to hopefully speed games up in Hamachi.

<P>The basics:
<UL>
<LI>Ensure no program, or anyone else, is using your Internet connection<BR><FONT size="-1">(IM clients can be excluded from this rule)</FONT>
<LI>Actually, close all your unneeedd programs; they will be wasting precious CPU cycles
<LI>Disable your AV software; if no other programs are running on your PC, AV software's real-time protection can be deemed temporarily not required, and can free up the CPU for other things, such as gaming!
<LI>Close your web browser/s; Firefox, Opera and possibly even IE have the ability to chew a lot of CPU and RAM, even while idling!
<LI>Actually, close everything on your taskbar; it's apparent, for example, explorer.exe (i.e. Windows Explorer, My Computer related windows) can randomly use a lot of CPU
</UL>
<P>Give the Hamachi virtual network adapter highest priority:
<UL>
<LI>Open up <B>Network Connections</B>
<LI>Click onto the <B>Advanced</B> menu, and select <B>Advanced Settings...</B>
<LI>In the <B>Adapters and Bindings</B> tab, under <B>Connections</B>, move the Hamachi adapter to the very top of the list by using the up/down errors on the right side
<LI>OK out of Advanced Settings section and close off Network Connections
</UL>
<P>Give higher priority to the Hamachi application:
<UL>
<LI>Go to <B>Start</B>, then <B>Run</B>, and run <B>taskmgr.exe</B>
<LI>Click onto the <B>Processes</B> tab, and click <B>Image Name</B> to sort the application names alphabetically
<LI>Locate <B>hamachi.exe</B>, right-click it, and <B>Set Priority</B> to <B>High</B> (or set it to <B>Realtime</B>, if you've got the balls!)
<LI>While still in Task Manager, sort the list by <B>CPU</B> and look at closing programs that are taking a constant portion of the CPU (e.g. ~20%)
<LI>Close Task Manager once done

</UL>

http://www.stebie.com/hamachi.htm

will this help in my mission to stop losing the connection?

Hi Guys,

Quick question for you regarding a network game. My friend and I want to get one set up, can I go online and play some games versus computer teams whilst he is offline, and vice versa?

We work different hours so it would be a nightmare if we both had to be online at the same time!

hi,

me and my mate tried to play local network game. He was the host and I easily joined his game. But the problem is, I joined the game unemployed and couldn't find "add manager" thing anywhere. Can u tell me how can i join the network game as a manager of any team?

thanks in advance!

P.S. excuse me for my poor English.

I think you have to resign from the game and then re-join the game and take over a new club :)

Kev

hi,

me and my mate tried to play local network game. He was the host and I easily joined his game. But the problem is, I joined the game unemployed and couldn't find "add manager" thing anywhere. Can u tell me how can i join the network game as a manager of any team?

thanks in advance!

P.S. excuse me for my poor English.

i am having the same problem.. any ideas to fix it? do you need another patch or crack to be able to play network games in 9.3 patch?

no its the same as playing normal 9.3
go to options, new user to add a new manager.

Hi,
my mate keeps losing his connection, and therefore gets kicked out of FM. His internet runs fine, and so does mine (I am running as server), but the problem seems to be linked to the connection that we have with each other via Hamachi (wither i loses connection or him).

The problem is ok managable as he just needs to reconnect - apart from in a game scenerio as he loses the ability to control substitutions.

He gets kicked out every 1.5 hours or so.

Please help??

exact same thing is happening to our game, I used hamachi for 2 years, and worked perfect with FM2010, im assuming that it must be something up with FM2011 , has anyone got any ideas whats wrong?

Read the dates before posting.

How is it possible to even find this thread if you are looking for FM11 related threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.