Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Sorry it's another thread about network games! A friend and me have been trying to get a network game up and running for the last 6 hours on FM2011. We've played previous versions without any problems.I've read many instructions today on this site and others trying to see if there is anything missing but no joy. If my friend starts a game I can join it instantly without any issues, he has a low spec PC though and it runs very slowly. To sum up, this is what have /tried:-

Connect via Hamachi
We can ping each other
"Run as Server" in preferences is ticked
Both tried turning firewalls off
Both tried turning anti virus off
Port forwarding (I don't know if this is still required and I'm out of my depth when I'm looking at the router settings, if anybody has any detailed instructions or specific instructions for a Virgin/Netgear router that would be helpful)
Tried connecting without Hamachi too
Remobo didn't work either

Does anybody have any ideas at all please about why I can connect to his game instantly but not vice versa?

Thank you for reading, and sorry that my first post is on this subject!

Hope you can help.

Richard.

I won't be able to properly help until Tuesday but we could just check a few things:

• Check your router settings by entering your IP address in your web browser:
    Click "Start," "Run," type "Command" in the box, click "OK," then type "ipconfig" and press enter. Your router's IP will be listed as "Default Gateway." Have a look around there on the LHS for anything abnormal to do with security settings.
  • You've probably already done this but worth mentioning, discuss with your friend what you've done differently as a host compared to him and make sure he's doing the right thing to join.