carrott24

Reaction score
i've just gone back to shamrock rovers after 2 years away with palermo. ran down my contract and got bored so didnt renew and decided to go back and finish what i started at shamrock expecting them to have a similar team to what i left. to my dismay i found the manager had dismantled my team:( sold all my promising youngsters and signed players that are blue sqaure level at best! they say you should never go back in life.. maybe they were right? anyone elses experiences of this?

1) you really should have taken the time to check the team mate, look at the information screen, see if they are in debt etc etc

2) never gone back to a team before, I always move forward, not backwards... :p

I've heard similar stories, my friend was managing Benfica, won the CL final twice with it then went to Inter, and 2 years later Benfica were relegated. SI really needs to fix this

there not in debt, 4 successive years of been in the europa league group stages before i left sorted that and your right but i always intended to go back to push them into the champions league, got a job on now though :S

well thats what its all about, setting challenges for yourself, I left Porto after winning everything to win in the 1st two seasons with them and was winning like 8:0 and beating teams like Inter etc.. so I got bored, offer out of the blue came from PSG who were 11th and decided to give myself a challenge and accepted :)

this is true, palermo wasnt really a challenge as they had built a quality team and i won serie a both years and the europa league so new( i suppose old) challenge to improve shamrock came calling