Never seen this in the whole time ive played football manager

Johnpartland

Reaction score
I was newcastle united playing in the championship, wasnt following the premiership at all, until the end of the season when i wanted to see who had gone down. I have never in the whole time ive played this game seen a winner in the 1st season who wasnt in the top 4; and have never ever seen a top 4 club get relegated and another escape it by the skin of their teeth. and seeming though my new owner pumped a billion into the team and gave me a huge transfer budget youll never guess which team i raided with all my millions. Got rooney, guardado, and some regen keeper not exactly raided lol but still i was soo amazed, its the 2nd time ive ever really had this much to spend but i could never get a real world class player like rooney at a young age like this before and i got him for 22mil, as he was transferlisted by his own request. same with guardado who i got for 10.5, my question is this, has anyone ever had a similar experience? i.e seen a top 4 club get relegated in season 1? ive added screenshots of the man utd results, alongside the table, and transfers, of course im really happy about this as now theres really only a top 3 this year and with my new additions im confident il get a euro place at least. included my team, i think i need a gk and another top quality striker, i want to add aguero and akinfeev to this squad, i reckon they'll guarentee a top 4 finish next season maybe even higher but after 5 games im 4th this season so, i may get lucky.

Personally if anyone else did a thread like this and i was reading it id find it extremely hard to believe, so totally appreciate there will be doubters on here and those that believe it. I have cheated in the past on games, but not this one, but would never post something that was done through cheating. This is just something in my game i think is too unique and everyone who follows the game should get a chance to see this and dream that it could happen like this for them :) although il be honest i highly doubt il ever see this again, its never happened before in my games and ive been a hardcore player since the days of champ man 99, or maybe it happens more often and people just dont share it in fear of being accused of cheating :O

Last edited:
I have seen Liverpool finish 14th in season 1, but they did win the champions league

4th season on FM09, Arsenal were relegated, yet the season before, they won league and CHampions League...

i played a netwrok game with every single prem team in a real persons control. 2 of the big 4 went down, i came 7th, with bolton

Not seen this before, yet it's really interesting. I wonder how they managed it? :S

Did Fergie get the sack? XD

Would they have the cheek to sack fergie?

He should have already left :)

Was it an edited database at all?

Would they have the cheek to sack fergie?

I've seen Fergie sacked all the time.. If United finish below 3rd then they sack him.

This has to be an edited database or something.. You must be hiding something from us :p

No it wasnt edited in any shape or form, and surprisingly fergy is still there, they are riding high 3rd in the championship with a game in hand, however they have way too much class for that league, they have berbatov and mutu still also got owen and giggs, oberton, obasi, hargreaves, troest brown, van der saar, fletcher, giggs, scholes, theyll be straight back up i guess. although they did lose 2:1 away to plymouth it would be soo good if they didnt come back up straight away lol

LOL!

Whats funny is, Portsmouth got docked points.. And they still came higher than United. |)

i had chelsea get relegated in my FM09 game, so rather believable id say.

No surprise they got relegated, they sold practically all their defenders. What the ****.

On fm 09 i was newcastle my 3rd season man u wen down but came str8 bk up but wer a mid table team at best for the next 3 -4 seasons buyin very average players an had bryan robson (i think ) as manager

on my game united always seem to do terrible in the first season then win everything in the second :S