allenelka

Reaction score
Heres my Arsenal story for FM10.
Im currently in my 3rd season & this is what I have done to get to this point.
Im an Arsenal fan & have tried to progress my best & favourite players to keep the team as real as possible.

1st Season - I sold the weaker players instantly to address Arsenals obvious problems, Inc. Almunia & Senderos & replacing with Hugo Lloris & M.Sakho (Part exch. with Barazite & £7.5m, Bargain) & Moussa Sissoko, along with others which are less mentionable to just add depth for cover whcih hardly played such as Jadson & Gago who are now not at the club.
I managed to finish 3rd, 1 x point behind the winners with Eduardo being top Marsman in Europe with 30 x goals in 35 x games.
I did win the League Cup.

2nd Season - I Sold Bendtner for £12m to Sporting & Eduardo to Real as they offered £17.75m for him which I felt was reasonable due to the fact he had a good year, but avge rating was low & his stats, reputation & value didnt reflect his goalscoring antics, so cashed in.
This was partly due to Walcott being trained in special areas with his own routine, concentratin on finishing & technique base only which his stats grew & his performances, so he took over Eduardo quite well.
I bought in Ribery for £10.5m as contract was near end @ Bayern hence the cheap price & had a nightmare with him in this season as wouldnt settle in area, in which both his reputation & price has plumbeted to National & £4.8m currently !
I also bought Gourcuff for £17.5m to partner Fabregas in CM & he has been immense.
I finished the season 2nd, 2 x points off Chelsea.

3rd & current season - I sold Arshavin for £13.5m & got Milevskyi for free & bought in Canales for £2.1m & have Akinfeev coming for £6m as his contract also expiring when he will come 1st Jan.
Milevski has been a revelation & has scored 12 x goals in 9 app. with 6 x asists & 5 x man of matches, Avrge Rat: 8.13
My squad is very strong now with Wilshere & Ramsey wonderkids as rotation players & With Lloris, Clichy, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie & Gourcuff worldwide & am curently 10 x points ahead of 2nd in Prem League after just 10 x games in which I have won all of them.
Franck Ribery has now settles & is getting back to his best & value is rising.

I have provided screenshots of transfers as I have also bought along the way other players whcih are rotation / prospects.
Hope you enjoy....

1st Season Transfers:
View attachment 46361

2nd Season Transfers
View attachment 46362

3rd Season Transfers
View attachment 46363

Current Team:
View attachment 46364

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was as amazing as your Barcelona one, you haven't won any League titles and I am sure there are quite a number of people on here who have won the League first or second season. Regardless of that, you have put together a brilliant team.

Very true Jack. But my aim was to keep the best / my favourite players & developing them without changing the Arsenal squad too much as Im a fan.
3rd season, the team is now Amazing & very much still Arsenal, but I do get your point, I could have bought in more & had quicker success.

sell eboue and get a younger right-back for back-up to sagna. Azpilicueta or santon

Good call, I was going to buy Azpilicueta for 15m, but I like Eboue & his stats & to be fair, he doesnt play often enough but when he does, he perfoms very well & felt Azpilicueta is too good to be rotation only as Sagna is immense.
I managed to get this guy, one for the future...

View attachment 46368

Looking good and i saw in the first post that you got him for a decent price aswell.

Got to say that your Arsenal team looks pretty awesome, surely a premiership title will come soon...

I have one question for you, how did you get Ribery to settle in the area?? I have this problem with Gignac at Juventus, allready given him 1 leave of absence, he has come back and is still not happy and wants more leave again...but I can't afford to let him leave again.

Ive asked him to recommend potential signings and also potential new staff members, but both times he has come up with nothing....I dont really want to sell him because I signed him for 8million to replace Trezeguet...any suggestions??

My aim was to keep the best / my favourite players & developing them without changing the Arsenal squad too much as Im a fan.
3rd season, the team is now Amazing & very much still Arsenal.
you're doing well and have put together a rly good team, but it really isn't Arsenal like, or at least not Arsene Wenger like.. Ribery?? world superstar to Arsenal? don't see the point in signing gourcuff he is just Nasri.. and putting him in CM will mean fabregas isn't given as much freedom, Wenger doesn't like buying GKs and buying players in general, you've signed several quality players for a fair amount of money, just because their french doensn't mean it's arsenal..

ANYWAY.. criticisms aside, good luck and keep at it!

Good point Joss. But as much as I Love Wenger, you are correct, he woudnt sign Ribery, Gourcuff or Lloris etc, but I sold a lot of current Arsenal players who arent good enough in the game & had to replace them & ofcourse, I want to win things also, so I bought quality rather than quantity.
But taking the players sold aside, the ones left are still current Arsenal players aswell as the better ones in the squad, along with a few changes as otherwise, I wouldnt be playing the game if I just stuck to the current squad given to me. So 3 x years on, its as Arsenal like as possible with all things taken into consideration.
I also sell players over 30 like Wenger, otherwise Im too biased & would never sell, so this allows me to change the team & enjoy the game. So Arshavin had to go & Ribery isnt far off, allowing Gourcuff to go right wing eventually, & Nasri next to Fab with Van Persie going to the left. So Nari is very much in my plans.
In midfield, atm both Fabregas & Gourcuff are advanced playmakers with Gourcuff attacking & Fabregas Supporting. Sissoko is anchor man & defensive minded only, allowing them both to attack, attack !!
champmanconverted09 - I had Ribery unhappy for a full season. In the season break, I sent him away about 4 x times for leave of absense & eventually he was happy. Just trial & error really. Hacked me off though, a whole season I lost him for really & as I say, hes worthless value wise & national rep ! lol
But stick with him as Gignac is very, very good !

Last edited:
thanks allenelka, yeah its annoying me because I signed him after selling trezeguet to the Real Madrid bench....he started really well bagging 6 goals in 7 games, don't get me wrong he puts the goals away still even although he is unhappy.

Think I will wait until the end of the season and send him away again, sounds like a good idea thanks dude. Really like your Arsenal team, hope you win the league soon!

Another thing that I didn't understand was while he was away on leave of absense, he was aparently unhappy due to not getting first team football....surely a bug oO)

Yeah, Ribery was also not happy about Lack of football, but seemed to be delighted about being absent from the club ?! lol

aup, could you upload your training schedule for walcott mate?