New American Franchise League Chairman Style Game

ParkLane82

Reaction score
Ok, I had an idea for an online game where, in a hypothetical universe, the MLS has failed and has been replaced by a new, European-style league, the 'North American SuperLeague'. Each player must apply to create a new franchise team where they design the name of their team, the location, their stadium (based in an existing, real-life venue or using valuable funds to build a new one) and every other facet of the club. I will create one club as well, but also act as the governing body for the league, making decisions on rules and the different franchises etc. Obviously there would have to be a bit of give-and-take and negotiation if loads of people apply for the rights to play in New York or LA, for example, so I would choose the best option for the league, and give the other players an option to review their idea and move it to a different city.

Id love there to be as much invention as possible for people to find unique ways to fill their stadiums or fund them or whatever idea you may have, this hypothetical world is your oyster.

From then, if there is interest, I could upoad the editor file and each player could play as his new team? or we could play a chairman-style game, again, if there is enough interest and depending on opinion?

If people are interested please say on here and we can discuss rules and budgets etc. before I start the actual game later on depending on interest. Any help would be really appreciated as I have been using the editor for years but this is my first thread on the forum.

hi, this sounds like a lot of fun. I have never edited a game before!! played the games for years. how difficult is it to do?

Sounds like fun. I'm in. Though you'd need to explain the rules a little better since I've no idea what's required of me :p

A suggestion to make the league more competitive and encourage aggressive, attacking football: Offer 4 points for a win :p

Edit: To get the ball rolling for a team suggestion.

Region: Chicago, Illinois
Franchise Name: Chicago Silverbacks
Stadium: Solider Park (rent)

Chairman: John McDermot.
Bio: Irish born, son of an International Software Tycoon and helped develop the popular Football Manager series :p. Moved to Chicago when he was 27 to break into the American IT market and wants to pump money into a local Soccer Franchise.

Will edit when you've a clear idea of what you want. this is to help get the creativity going :)

Last edited:
Edit: To get the ball rolling for a team suggestion.

Region: Chicago, Illinois
Franchise Name: Chicago Silverbacks
Stadium: Solider Park (rent)

Chairman: John McDermot.
Bio: Irish born, son of an International Software Tycoon and helped develop the popular Football Manager series :p. Moved to Chicago when he was 27 to break into the American IT market and wants to pump money into a local Soccer Franchise.

This is perfect! Exactly they kind of thing I was thinking of! great work.

Things I/we need to work out is, for example, starting budget for teams and the amount various things cost? how I would do an auction for players taken away from their MLS teams (and players from other continents too)? How I would work out reputation, attendance, and various other factors for each team?

Suggestions?

Otherwise I have a pretty reasonable idea of how this might work, just need some help getting it going.

Cheers

Example of Team suggestion

This is the team I came up with and the format I would like people to apply in:

I'm a big fan of the Wire so I chose Baltimore and the name reflects that as well haha.

Team name: Baltimore Stevedores
Short name: Baltimore
6 Letter name: BMS
Nickname: Checkers (in reference to their black and white kit that looks like a chess board - see later)

Stadium: Ridley Athletic Complex
Capacity: 6,000 (to be renovated up to 18,000 over the next four years, and synthetic pitch to be removed and replaced with grass)
Training Ground: Ridley Athletic Complex

For the facilities I would judge how good the chosen training ground/stadium is and any improvements would cost a certain amount each, as would the capacity changes. Stadium rental is another judgement call too.

Match ticket price: $20
Season Ticket Price: $300 (based on the assumption that they play 18 home games)

Other income and sponsorship would be worked out by how attractive your club is to investors (reputation, standard of players, attendance at games etc.) and any way you can improve it will be recognised as such.

Description of kits and colours:
Home kit: Checked design with black foreground and white background, red outline and white number colour.
Away kit: Plain red design with black outline and number colour.

Any player suggestions you might like to bring in.

Let me know what you think.

Ill try my best , didnt really get it :
Region : Oakland , California
Name : Oakland Warriors (Big fan of GSW)
Stadium : Oakland Coliseum , Capacity :
Chairman : FM rize

Home Kit : Blue and Yellow stripes , blue pants
Away Kit : Yellow Shirt Blue Pants

Ill try my best , didnt really get it :
Region : Oakland , California
Name : Oakland Warriors (Big fan of GSW)
Stadium : Oakland Coliseum , Capacity :
Chairman : FM rize

Home Kit : Blue and Yellow stripes , blue pants
Away Kit : Yellow Shirt Blue Pants

This was a discussion thread in order to make a good game really, I'll do another one, with a better explanation when this gets enough interest.

Thats a great start though, seems like you got it pretty well anyway haha

Region:New York
Name:New York City ( realistic as this team is actually being made)
Stadium: Yankee stadium (50,291)

Chairman:Shaun goater

Home kit: sky blue, white shorts

Away kit: red and black stripes, black shorts

This has had more than enough interest I reckon, so Im gonna give it a proper go on a new thread soon.

Got some ideas : about the budget and stuff .. Give every team like 60 mil to start with , with that 60 mil they need to choose their training facilities , youth facicilites , youth recruitment and junior coaching , whats left is they will need to split with between transfer budget and wages
Example : I start with 60 mil ... lets say I want top training (costs lets say 15mil) , top youth (another 15) , exceptional junior coaching (another lets say 10mil) and above average youth recruitment (8mil) that leaves me with 12mil, (lets say for every 2mil you move to wages you get 100wages p/w) so id take 8 mil transfer budget and 200k wages p/w ..
Hope this was understandable , just an idea I thought

Got some ideas : about the budget and stuff .. Give every team like 60 mil to start with , with that 60 mil they need to choose their training facilities , youth facicilites , youth recruitment and junior coaching , whats left is they will need to split with between transfer budget and wages
Example : I start with 60 mil ... lets say I want top training (costs lets say 15mil) , top youth (another 15) , exceptional junior coaching (another lets say 10mil) and above average youth recruitment (8mil) that leaves me with 12mil, (lets say for every 2mil you move to wages you get 100wages p/w) so id take 8 mil transfer budget and 200k wages p/w ..
Hope this was understandable , just an idea I thought

Yeah that works, cheers

Region : San Francisco, California
Name : San Pikkpoiss Franciscors
Stadium : Pikkpoiss Stadium, Capacity :
Chairman : Allan Pikkpoiss

Bio: Famous Estonian businessman. Got his wealth from mining uranium and selling it to Japan. His parents died early, because of bad financial state. Currently Allan is running for president in Estonia.

Region : Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Name : Philadelphia 76ers (like NBA)
3 letter name : P76

Stadium : View attachment 477247 PPL Park

FAST FACTS:
  • World-class waterfront stadium located just over fifteen miles from Center City, Philadelphia
  • Stadium capacity of 18,500 for soccer and 26,000 for concerts, with seating as close to the field as FIFA regulations allow
  • Natural grass pitch, 120 yd x 75 yd
  • 30 Luxury Suites and a 11,000 SF full service club restaurant
  • State-of-the-art LED signage and innovative experiential zones
  • 2,000-seat supporters section
  • Sideline roofs providing protection from the elements
  • Expansive grass areas and large promenades surrounding the stadium for tailgating and outdoor music festivals
  • Built-in concert stage
  • Ramps leading passengers off of I-95 and the Commodore Barry Bridge to stadium parking lot
Chairman : Edward Sideridis

A greek engineer decided to leave his country and move to USA due to economic difficulties. He started a business in Philadelphia and within 10 years he managed to become Philly's No1 Construction company. On the 4th of august of 2013, when he was turning 28, he decided to go to Las Vegas to celebrate...He returned with 500M dollars and a couple of mafia "friends"...and as you can imagine, he bought Philadelphia 76ers!!He upgraded all areas of the football club and changed the team color and logo similar to the NBA's. Red,White,Blue

View attachment 430036

Home kit: Imagine feyenoord's kit. Where the shorts are red and the socks are blue.
Away kit: All Black

transfer budget is not great.Wage budget similar.It's the atmosphere that is top class!
An average ticket for a football match costs 25$ and a season ticket 400$

For any other information please do not hesitate to contact us

Ok, Im going to create an official thread for this with all the rules. Anyone who's expressed interest in this this I will PM you with the link for the new thread :)

Ok, Im going to create an official thread for this with all the rules. Anyone who's expressed interest in this this I will PM you with the link for the new thread :)

when will the new thread be ready? :D

If you need any help with anything (ideas, any probs ) let me know id like to help

Sounds GREAT!! Ive PM'd you details on my team. Hope its ok!!