• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

Matty

Reaction score
YU - ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL IS THE WAY FORWARD

Sammy Yu
Sammy Yu says that the club's long term future depends on the team playing attractive football.

In an interview with the Telegraph Sport, Blues' vice chairman (football) cites the examples of clubs such as Barcelona and Arsenal, if Blues are to attract support from mainland China and harness the financial rewards.

"It has been a decade where worldwide football has been too conservative," Yu told the Telegraph Sport.

"In the last three of four years, teams like Arsenal, Manchester United, Barcelona have led football into another decade.

"It is about how you play the game, the quality.

"Arsenal may not be winning everything, but they have won a lot of support. This is something we have to learn.

"Supporters want to enjoy football. How to make them enjoy it is not the elbow, the hard tackle, or the swearing anymore.

"But teamwork with the highest levels of individual skill. Everyone loves to watch football like that.

"As a football man, a coach, we have to open our minds to how to make our players better.

"If you can do it, the fans will come. We have to insist upon this for the future of the club."

I am a birmingham city supporter and i like their ambition but i totally disagree that the tackling and swearing and hard nature of the sport is not enjoyed.

Down at St Andrews when Lee Carsley, Barry Ferguson, Lee Bowyer, Damien Johnson, Stephan Carr, or Frank Quedrue fly into tackles and completely take a player out and get the ball, the crowd totally react. We like a fair few teams like the battling performances where they show their muscle and desire for the cause.

I do like seeing good passing football, but we don't want the hard tackles to go completely from the game do we? It shows desire, passion and technique to hit someone hard in the right way.

Although to be honest when its against a rival or a player i don't like, im not bothered if its clean or not.

To me thats a major part of football, im sure a lot of you will agree ??

Birmingham and attractive football just dont go in the same sentence :P

Birmingham and attractive football just dont go in the same sentence :P

i totally agree i just dont think they have footballing players apart from possibly larsson and benitez who look ok

i totally agree i just dont think they have footballing players apart from possibly larsson and benitez who look ok

ye i agree that we haven't got the players to play "football"

but i just disagree that people don't like seeing the hard hitting tackles and battling that football is all about.

alright guys lets not insult birmingham, when arsenal have had the money to invest in skillful players, birmingham havent, anyway good luck mate:D

Im sure Eduaro knows alot about those tackles

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

alright guys lets not insult birmingham, when arsenal have had the money to invest in skillful players, birmingham havent, anyway good luck mate:D

Well i just dont see the 'spark' in sparkys million dollar team at the moment. 100 mi for seven draws in a row sounds like 'investment' XD

really still going on about that, dont clatter his story dude, i know im not one to talk but obviously you dont know when not to spam, anyway hows the birmingham squad looking, any areas you need to strengthen?

cheers mate lol. we need all the luck we can get this season.

but were used to being insulted its a part of being a blues fan!

we never do much and haven't done much as a club at all

but its our club and always will be as good or bad as that is LOL!

yeah at least you just dont support a big four team like every other ******

Im sure Eduaro knows alot about those tackles

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Well i just dont see the 'spark' in sparkys million dollar team at the moment. 100 mi for seven draws in a row sounds like 'investment' XD

Ye im sure he knows a lot about them tackles, OH WELL!!!! its part of football. If any player of martin taylor's size was to miss time a tackle on any little fart like Eduardo it would have the same result. Other players just anticipate and move except for the unlucky few.

and ye to be fair your right, all that money and haven't done much at all, disappointing really considering when you look at their team on paper

Well sorry for the spam.

Just you always pointlessly bring up your investments and money??

Back on topic. Birmingham should make some good 'investments' with their 40m kitty. They'll need some depth to survive the prem

weve done the double over arsenal mate, we want top 6 and we are 7th, whats the problem? anyway id start posting stuff about the story or this will get closed

Well sorry for the spam.

Just you always pointlessly bring up your investments and money??

Back on topic. Birmingham should make some good 'investments' with their 40m kitty. They'll need some depth to survive the prem

Ye i hope we spend it wisely, and actually spend it, we all know what footballs like with promises :/

i dont think we should by a lot of players, just 4/5 quality signings that will make a difference, to not upset the team thats doing ok already.

then maybe invest in depth more and clear out the players that aren't cutting it at the prem level, in the summer.

we are going good at the moment some really good results, just need to keep battling away at teams and picking up the points. 11th isnt too bad going, although i know thats not where we will finish

weve done the double over arsenal mate, we want top 6 and we are 7th, whats the problem? anyway id start posting stuff about the story or this will get closed

And you say i spam XD

Im done with this debate.

I would like arsenal to have a hard tackling player thats prepared to do the dirty work. Wouldnt mind that Martin Taylor(K)

id like a diver lets have eduardo, or van ***** maybe

Ye i hope we spend it wisely, and actually spend it, we all know what footballs like with promises :/

i dont think we should by a lot of players, just 4/5 quality signings that will make a difference, to not upset the team thats doing ok already.

then maybe invest in depth more and clear out the players that aren't cutting it at the prem level, in the summer.

we are going good at the moment some really good results, just need to keep battling away at teams and picking up the points. 11th isnt too bad going, although i know thats not where we will finish

Yeah as an Arsenal fan weve had a few of those promises as you know from Wenger, hopes he lives up to his latest one:S

By the way Joe...........NOT FUNNY. You take things way too seriously

And you say i spam XD

Im done with this debate.

I would like arsenal to have a hard tackling player thats prepared to do the dirty work. Wouldnt mind that Martin Taylor(K)

Ye i think you miss a Gilberto, Petit or Vieira in your midfield. would do your team a lot of good, although song is a good player i think you need some experience in there to really challenge for the top spots.

and ye i really don't think you would want him. we don't even want him i don't think lol

he is a great winner of a ball in the air, and obviously has a hard tackle, being 6 ft 5 and probably 5 ft wide your going to have lol.

but he's more suited for the championship i think lol :P

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Yeah as an Arsenal fan weve had a few of those promises as you know from Wenger, hopes he lives up to his latest one:S

By the way Joe...........NOT FUNNY. You take things way too seriously

sorry if i seem a bit stupid lol.

but whats his latest one?

Lol. To buy a striker to replace Van Persie in January

Back