nasturas

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm playing a save managing Nottingham Forest, first season, doing great in league/cups and there's a consortium that wants to buy the club. I just got a message that if the takeover will be successful, the new boss will appoint some unemployed manager. I started the save with the highest reputation/qualification. This means 100% that I will get sacked if the takeover is successful?

Nah, it usually doesn't mean anything if you're doing well. You'll probably stay in Forest. Had few of those takeovers myself, never has being sacked.

I had too a lot of takeovers as I always start a new save with Nottingham Forest and the big boss always ends up selling the club, but I never got that message saying that the new consortium will appoint another manager. So that's why I'm afraid.

I've had many takeovers over the years in fm and had that message a few times, even with a smaller reputation I've never been sacked in this situation.

I had the same situation with my Milan save in FM 16. The board takeover was even completed and I got a message from the new owner that they would give me some time first to see if i did good before bringing the new manager.If you are doing well as a manager then the new owner will not replace you even if the news items say so.

Occasionally the board will always want their own manager and would sack you however the only real reason they would sack you is if the fans dislike you and you aren't performing well so you should be safe so long as you do good.