New BPL TV deal

• Thread starter Thread starter Chriller95
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 12K
That's per live game shown on TV. You're not going to get £380m a year from the new TV deal.

That's per live game shown on TV. You're not going to get £380m a year from the new TV deal.

still, i find £1.2m per live game as very disappointing... this isnt anywhere near of RL deal so they shouldnt really bother to apply it into latest patch...

No your right teams would get half that... £10million per game - £5million per team per game also clubs will receive £136.84million each from the TV deal annually

still, i find £1.2m per live game as very disappointing... this isnt anywhere near of RL deal so they shouldnt really bother to apply it into latest patch...

You haven't understood it.

Teams don't actually get £10M per live game. That's how much the TV companies are paying per live game in terms of the rights, there's 380 Premier League matches a year but only 168 are televised therefore they are technically paying £10M per game, but that money is spread out throughout all 380 games. No club actually gets paid £10M just for being on TV :p

Since it was my post on the SIforums that Mersk has quoted here, I might as well elaborate on my findings. It's possible to get around £140M with the new patch (so an increase of £40M a season from pre-patch) which leaves us just £10M-£12M of what the final PL TV rights deal will be after international rights are announced.

Last edited:
You haven't understood it.

Teams don't actually get £10M per live game. That's how much the TV companies are paying per live game in terms of the rights, there's 380 Premier League matches a year but only 168 are televised therefore they are technically paying £10M per game, but that money is spread out throughout all 380 games. No club actually gets paid £10M just for being on TV :p

Since it was my post on the SIforums that Mersk has quoted here, I might as well elaborate on my findings. It's possible to get around £140M with the new patch (so an increase of £40M a season from pre-patch) which leaves us just £10M-£12M of what the final PL TV rights deal will be after international rights are announced.

correct me if im wrong but if it worked out to be 10mill per televised game it would only be 1.68 billion which is some way below 5.2 billion

I might be a mong here and im missing something?

£1.68b*3 = £5.04b.

Then the FA gets some of the money.

correct me if im wrong but if it worked out to be 10mill per televised game it would only be 1.68 billion which is some way below 5.2 billion

i was gonna say the same... this is quite confusing tbh...

£1.68b*3 = £5.04b.

Then the FA gets some of the money.

what dou you mean by '£1.68b*3 = £5.04b' ?

i was gonna say the same... this is quite confusing tbh...

what dou you mean by '£1.68b*3 = £5.04b' ?

1.68 BILLION times 3.

and the sum of the deail might be 5.2 doesnt mean the clubs get that split..

The Premier League has deal to filter to the FA, offset the winning cash per posititon, parachute payments etc... its not just sky -> club, plently of middle men cuts to be taken.

You're forgetting the deals for three years of football. So you have to times it by three and add on the BBC money I've listed below.

- Sky are paying £4.176 billion for 126 games a year.
- BT are paying £960M for 42 games a year.
- BBC are paying £204M for highlights.

So that means Sky are paying £11M per game they televise, while BT are only paying £7.6M for each game they show on TV.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-premier-league-tv-deal-master-and.html

I think where people are getting confused is that these rights are for three years, not just one :p

Last edited:
1.68 BILLION times 3.

and the sum of the deail might be 5.2 doesnt mean the clubs get that split..

The Premier League has deal to filter to the FA, offset the winning cash per posititon, parachute payments etc... its not just sky -> club, plently of middle men cuts to be taken.

The Tv rights dont pay for positional pay i think that comes from the FA

The whole foundation of the premier league was built on tv money, its definitely not paid by the FA.

ok then its from the premier league... which gets money from other sponsors other than tv money look at the link i posted

Does anybody have an updated chart over the TV money pr match televised received, in the different leagues in FM15?

ok then its from the premier league... which gets money from other sponsors other than tv money look at the link i posted

No, it still comes from TV deals.

"The way the Premier League distributes its TV money means half of the total cash from the domestic deals is divided equally between the member clubs, and all of the overseas broadcasting income is also split equally.
A further 25 per cent of domestic TV income is split as merit money depending on where each club finish in the league, and the final 25 per cent is paid in ‘facility fees’ for each time a club’s matches are shown on television in the UK. "

New Premier League TV deal promises £100m prize money for next season's title winners - Telegraph

No, it still comes from TV deals.

"The way the Premier League distributes its TV money means half of the total cash from the domestic deals is divided equally between the member clubs, and all of the overseas broadcasting income is also split equally.
A further 25 per cent of domestic TV income is split as merit money depending on where each club finish in the league, and the final 25 per cent is paid in ‘facility fees’ for each time a club’s matches are shown on television in the UK. "

New Premier League TV deal promises £100m prize money for next season's title winners - Telegraph

Well in that case im wrong:) I hate being wrong lol

So does all this take effect from the 16/17 season?

Back