New breed of Reggae?

Crayth

**** ON THE CITY!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been introduced by a new type of Reggae by my friend who is a huge Bob Marley fan. I was just wondering what people think of these new artists, Richie Spice who I have just recently been introduced too IMO has very good music but I wouldn't call it Reggae, I was just wondering what you think of this music and if you like it and what you would class it as?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To7vSCM5GaQ

Its definetely not like the original 1970's sounding reggae tracks - seems like they are heading towards more of a computer based production rather than an instrumental one, resembling a dub track rather than a reggae one.

i think reggae is going to be the most listened genre this decade, i dont know about things in europe or north america, but in south america, people who listen to reggaetton like reggae, people who listen to metal like reggae, and by itself a lot of people like reggae, and since lots of groups like this are coming i see reggae dominating the wolrd

This reggae is more spicy, as the older reggae was more chill-out. Love them both, Capleton is a good example of a good 'new' reggae artist.

i think reggae is going to be the most listened genre this decade, i dont know about things in europe or north america, but in south america, people who listen to reggaetton like reggae, people who listen to metal like reggae, and by itself a lot of people like reggae, and since lots of groups like this are coming i see reggae dominating the wolrd

Urgh, please don't bring reggaeton up

I really like this type of music, its still really chilled out I think.

I heard this not long ago

YouTube - Skindred-Rat Race

It's the only decent video on youtube of them some of there stuff is reggae like appernatly this is Metal Reggae if there is such a thing :)