danius

Reaction score
I am looking to create a football league combining the Scottish and English tiers (I actually thought about adding the Northern Ireland and the Welsh leagues as well, but it would be too much of a headache). I had the idea a little over a year ago, but I never got around to doing it in FM2013. I would be using most of the English tier as a base. I'd like to hear any recommendations, thoughts or helpful ideas anyone may have, as this will be my first foray into the Editor (as far as making a new league or something similar).

Attached is the plan, in Word.

I started this, and have all the new leagues with their new clubs, but I have a problem. I can't find where to change the rules for a league (or any competition for that matter) in the Editor. Am I missing something, or do I have to have more than just the Editor to make these changes?

Looks good in principal I would certainly something I would want to try out, starting with Rangers or Celtic. Would like to see Irish and welsh teams included though, and an extra division included, league 3 for example.

One thing I have also considered, not sure if its possible is to make the league cup a cup competition between English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish teams.

A League 3 sounds like a good idea; I think I'll do that. The reason I didn't initially include clubs from Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales is because apart from a few clubs (TNS and Shamrock Rovers, for example), clubs from those leagues don't have a comparable reputation to Skrill N/S or Scottish League 2 sides. Adding another league (tier) would resolve that. I'll still have to figure out what to do with the European competition places for the smaller leagues though.
The FA Cup will include all clubs. I intend to use the league cups to allow clubs outside England European competition places. If I didn't do that, Celtic and Rangers would be the only non-English clubs with any kind of a shot for many, many years. I suppose a third cup competition could solve that, but that sounds like a bit much as far as scheduling goes. I'll have to think more about it.

Have a Five League system.

Premier League - 20 teams, 3 relegated
Championship - 20 teams, 3 promoted and 3 relegated
League 1 - 24 teams, 3 promoted and 3 relegated
League 2 - 24 teams, 3 promoted and 3 relegated
League 3 - 24 teams, 3 promoted

Have an FA cup, all teams that would be in total 104 teams, have the last two leagues enter way later.
Have a League Cup, for just the Championship and down?

I want to merge all the Scottish clubs into the English system. Luckily, based on reputations, it works out pretty well the way I have it. I intend to work with it this way, and if I find that people want modifications later, I can always do that. I thought again about adding clubs from the N. Irish, Irish and Welsh systems, but because of the UEFA spots that each of those systems receives, and the difficulty in trying to figure out what to do with them, I'm going to leave them out for now. Maybe I will revisit after I get the initial work done.

I want to merge all the Scottish clubs into the English system. Luckily, based on reputations, it works out pretty well the way I have it. I intend to work with it this way, and if I find that people want modifications later, I can always do that. I thought again about adding clubs from the N. Irish, Irish and Welsh systems, but because of the UEFA spots that each of those systems receives, and the difficulty in trying to figure out what to do with them, I'm going to leave them out for now. Maybe I will revisit after I get the initial work done.

I have a 5 league system like a described, I didn't take into account Shamrock TNS Linfield etc all being in European competition, I will need to remove them. all five nations have teams in this league system, scotland and england have the majority, with the irish and welsh teams spread evenly throughout the bottom four leagues, TNS, Shamrock, and Aberdeen, were the only low reputation teams to make it into my Premiership. Removing these teams from CL, will that be fixed by the CPU will their slots be filled in properly?

As long as you have clubs still in their old leagues, I don't think you'll have an issue with the European places in the future. I believe the same clubs will play in Europe for the first season, and then, of course, they won't be able to qualify the next. Are you saying that only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen made it from Scotland?