becheren

Reaction score
Is it possible to have new club rivalries or does it always stay the same? I have always wondered about it, but I never checked up on it.

Ive wondered this too, but i my save (which is now in 2032) I havent seen one new rivalry created....cant say whether this is definate but its never happened to me....would be a good feature for fm12

Nope. Rivalries cannot form between clubs in-game, but rather can be created via the game's Editor programme.

I think it's a very hard feature to put in the game. How do you think that the engine should determine that a club should become a rival or not?

No the game doesnt create them but if you have a new rival just use FMRTE. Iv used this a few times :)

I think it should determine a new rivalry over the course of 4 or 5 years if the games are normally quite close alot of bookings etc

I think it should determine a new rivalry over the course of 4 or 5 years if the games are normally quite close alot of bookings etc

One of my ideas was if a team met in the CL final maybe again then some kind of rivalry could start to develop there. Lets say Bayern met Inter in the CL final and maybe lost again, then they some kind of mechanism could trigger a rivalry.

One of my ideas was if a team met in the CL final maybe again then some kind of rivalry could start to develop there. Lets say Bayern met Inter in the CL final and maybe lost again, then they some kind of mechanism could trigger a rivalry.
That would be good i was thinking of spurs and city as well always fighting for 4th

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for the game to check if two teams from the same division play each other regularly and create a derby that way.

That would be good i was thinking of spurs and city as well always fighting for 4th
Oh yeah, great idea as well, mate. Seems like an intense rivalry could develop there! It should just require that City/Spurs didn't got better or worse. Arsenal and City also seems like 2 teams that could start a rivalry for the 3rd place, as it seems Arsenal and City are quite close to each other at the moment. Lets see how the upcoming seasons will look like. :D

yeah if arsenal are not carefull they will be fighting for 4th with spurs! Because every year city are better and better and the same with spurs

yeah if arsenal are not carefull they will be fighting for 4th with spurs! Because every year city are better and better and the same with spurs
Liverpool might also join that derby as the only way it can for Liverpool right now, is up. :)

oh yeah forgot about them i feel as if the prem will be a much better league next year with so many teams in with a shout ! I can only wish la liga was like this!