Reaction score
I am relatively new to the data editor of football manager (not the game itself, played it since CM 00/01) my limits in the data editor have been changing a few players here and there and changing a club name to make a new local club to manage.

What I would like to do, and have looked into on most previous versions of FM is to create cross nation cups to replace a league cup or as an additional cup, mainly for extra competition in counties like Czech Republic and Scotland for example.

I want to create a cup (ideally with an initial group stage) to involve the top (say 6) clubs from Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland. Also maybe something similar with home nations and Baltic countries. I would settle for something simpler also, like an additional cup in Czech republic and Slovakia involving all their teams, or merging the league cup in England and Scotland. Just any cross nation cup in a country I am managing in that needs more competition.

I have many ideas like this, however I have tried to do it and don't really know how to do it properly. I am still on FM15 I normally get the new one at Christmas. So when I start on 16 I would like to do something like this.

Is there any already in existence?

The things I don't seem to know how to do is the following,

Setting up the tournament to have an initial group stage
Being able to select clubs from more than one specific country
How to make sure its the top 6 or top 10 or 20 or whatever from each selected country each season
How to choose a start date

It's all entirely possible. If you want to settle on one idea, I'll throw something together for you to look over so you can see how it's done. Then, you can use that file to start having a go yourself.