JammyDee

Reaction score
My name is Alan Hansen ...

View attachment 239504

I am the main pundit for the BBC show Match of the Day. During my playing career I picked up 26 caps for Scotland, won 3 european cups, 8 league titles, 2 FA Cups, 3 League Cups and a Scottish First Division. I am a Liverpool Legend, and a massive fan of the club. I played for the club during it's best spell with world-class players including Kenny Dalglish & Mark Lawrenson. I'm here to talk about the current state of the club asof July 1st 2011.

Here's the Transfers in so far :
Overall Spend: £115,300,000

Player From Fee Date
Luis Suarez Ajax £22,800,000 31 January 2011
Andy Carroll Newcastle £35,000,000 31 January 2011
Jordan Henderson Sunderland £16,000,000 9 June 2011
Charlie Adam Blackpool £7,500,000 1 July 2011
Alexander Doni Roma Free 1 July 2011
Stewart Downing Aston Villa £20,000,000 1 July 2011
Jose Enrique Newcastle £6,000,000 1 July 2011
Sebastian Coates Nacional £8,000,000 1 July 2011
Craig Bellamy Man City Free 1 July 2011

These Transfers aren't good enough for a club like Liverpool. Andy Carroll is worth £15 Million not £35 Million and after 6 months playing for Liverpool, he has failed to perform. Suarez has played well since his £22.8 Million move but he is a loose cannon and you never know what he will do next, in Holland he recieved a 10 match-ban after he bit a opposition player, the same goes for Craig Bellamy, during his 1st spell for Liverpool he left after hitting John Arne Riise with a golf club. Charlie Adam performed well for Blackpool, but now he's moving to a much bigger club and I doubt he will perform like he did at Blackpool. £8 Million is a lot to pay for a player who's past experience was in Uruguay, I think he needs to leave on loan for the Season to get some experience as he will not get past Agger, Skirtel & Carragher. Dowing and Henderson are both worth half of what the club spent on them, they have over-payed for 2 'decent' players. Not much is known of Doni apart from he conceded 8 goals when playing for Roma against Man Utd a couple of seasons ago, so he is obviously not good enough back-up for Pepe Reina. I watched a lot of Enrique at Newcastle and seemed like a very good player and is a steal at £6 Million, I will credit Dalglish on that Transfer.

The club also sold some very promising players like Thomas Ince, Nabil El Zhar, Insua, N'Gog and Daniel Ayala.

View attachment 239508

In my Opinion Dalglish needs to leave and soon !!!

Dalglish Leaves

I turned on my TV ... that's how I found out. Dalglish had left Liverpool, the date was July 2nd, a day I will never forget. He had been promoted into the Director of Football role and would guide the next manager to future success. Dalglish and I had been friends for a long time, even if we hadn't spoken for a while, I gave him a ring. He was saying that he couldn't cope with the preasures of being manager of such a big club. Then we got talking about wheather I would ever manage a team, I said that I was happy being a pundit but I would maybe like to try managing, it would be a shame not to. Then he asked me "What about the Liverpool Job?" "I'd love it, no way I'll ever get it!" Then he muttered a phrase I'll never forget ... "Meet me at Anfield tommorow at 12:00pm we'll diccuss then!" I didn't no what to say, there was no way I could refuse "I'll be there!" That's all I could say !!!!

View attachment 239763
We met and talked, we agreed a deal and I was to be revealed as manager the next day ... the Journey had began