cockyhammer

Reaction score
hi everyone im just wondering if it is all possible to change the current structure of the fa cup to remove the seeding of the top two divisions and make all teams play from the first round and if it possible to give the winners of the fa cup an champions league spot.

if anyone could talk me through how to do it or could point me in the way of someone who has already done it i would be very grateful

Are you looking for the 92 League + Premiership teams to start from Round 1 Proper, and the non-league still qualify as they do normally. Or, all 700+ teams to start together(ish)? Either way would be fairly straight forward once you work out the round structure. Once i know which i can guide you thru it.

As for the Champions league, i believe it's hardcoded that entrants come from league qualification. As with above, building the competition from scratch is the way forward (but you'll lose some realizm during the qualification rounds). That way you can point the cup to pick individual winners of cup competitions in the Continental Rules, as opposed to top league teams.

you can make champions league as it is but problem is qualification places and coeficients. they dissapear if you make new file so you will have same number of teams for euro competitions from countries each year

Are you looking for the 92 League + Premiership teams to start from Round 1 Proper, and the non-league still qualify as they do normally. Or, all 700+ teams to start together(ish)? Either way would be fairly straight forward once you work out the round structure. Once i know which i can guide you thru it.

As for the Champions league, i believe it's hardcoded that entrants come from league qualification. As with above, building the competition from scratch is the way forward (but you'll lose some realizm during the qualification rounds). That way you can point the cup to pick individual winners of cup competitions in the Continental Rules, as opposed to top league teams.

i would like all teams to start at the same time ideally and as for the champs league im not to bothered about realism so wouldnt mind creating it from scratch again.

Right, I've got 512 (All level 1-8 teams plus 11 from each of the 14 level 9 leagues) teams starting in a 9 round FA Cup, dates are a little different but prize money matches rounds Q4 to Final (9 rounds).

I'm simming the season now, shouldn't be any issues. Next step is the champions league.