New FM-Base Site Design (Work In Progress)

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was in the mood to come up with a new FM-Base design. It is still in it's very early stages at the moment though as it's only a mockup of the homepage at the moment.

design_exported-2.png

So what do you think?

I think it will never happen.

Agree with other two.

But:

Remove the FM-BASE at top, doesn't fit and not keen on the random club generator.

looks great, reminds me of cmbase

RCG FTW

Agree with other two.

But:

Remove the FM-BASE at top, doesn't fit and not keen on the random club generator.

Yeh you're all probably right that it will never get implemented but it's a nice dream to have :(

Go away redders the random club generator rocks. Got in the CM/FM for it before so in your face :p

Looks *** mate

RCG pwns. Was obviously before your time when we had one on cm-base.

Yeh you're all probably right that it will never get implemented but it's a nice dream to have :(

Go away redders the random club generator rocks. Got in the CM/FM for it before so in your face :p

I meant the look, not the idea...and yes i saw it on old site :p

Have done a bit of work on trying to design this over the past few days. It's starting to take shape. It's just a ***** trying to get the CSS correct for IE (the main culprit), Firefox & Opera as they all display certain things very differently :mad:

Hopefully have this finished before the FM 2009 Release on 14th November. Even if it is just a homepage.

You might want to test it out in the new Firefox Beta as well because I think they've changed the way that renders CSS. :p

You might want to test it out in the new Firefox Beta as well because I think they've changed the way that renders CSS. :p

I think ive tested it in Firefox 3, seems ok. But it's a bit screwy in Firefox 2 :(

I think ive tested it in Firefox 3, seems ok. But it's a bit screwy in Firefox 2 :(

Meh Firefox 2 is old now.. Mozilla have stopped supporting it. I meant Firefox 3.1 b1 but just been looking and it wasn't CSS that they've changed but Javascript so you're ok.

If you havn't already realised the design has been implemented on the home page.

What do you think?
Are there things that need changing?
Is there anything that doesn't look right?

i think it looks great, a job well done :D

i think it looks great, a job well done :D

Cheers Kris. Maybe one day I'll learn how to integrate it with a mySQL database so I can make it a nice dynamic page rather than having to edit the pages each time.

Looks quite nice Sean, apart from the banner! :p

Not liking the fact that the thread name is now orange as well. Looked better when that was black and the member name underneath was orange (or vice-versa) imo.

Oh well the threads are staying orange. I prefer links to stand out in a different colour to normal text.