formbibear

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last time I started an AC Milan career on here, but due to University commitments, an over-zealous, and now desecrated laptop, I was unable to take it any further which was a shame because I was really enjoying it.
However, I have a new laptop and no commitments until the winter, so I thought I would have another crack at this stories lark. Updates to follow soon!

Looking forward to this! Are you going to be managing Milan again or are you going to stretch your legs and try another team? Either way, I look forward to it!

Cheers, mate. I think I will just start as A.C again. I've had a few successful seasons with a few bigger European clubs so I think I should be able to handle it, although it is a much bigger job than I really envisaged!

AC Milan

In this save, I will be attempting to restore AC back to their former glory of being domestically dominating, as well as eventually adding consistent European success as well. The challenge should be reflective of the job that Inzaghi has on his hands when he takes the reigns next season. A slumbering, sleeping giant, Milan need to evolve to their lack of funds by producing young players to fill the gaps left by some of the ageing senior members.
The idea for this evolution is threefold:

1) Budgeting. The squad has some good, young players in the mix and it is time they were used. With a loan debt of ?188 million, the purse strings will need to be carefully monitored. That being said, we must remain competitive, and it makes qualifying for Europe all the more important.

2) Tactics. I want to bring attacking football to a country that is used to watching counter attack after counter, or playing it about at the back. Recycling possession is good, but often it can be frustrating and boring. I would like to try to play a multicultural game. Sure, away to Juventus it isn't going to be gung-ho, but why waste the talents of Honda, Balotelli, and El Shaarawy by allowing the defenders to play it safe at the back? It is about time Italy saw some great attacking football, and if nothing else, my time will provide that.

3) Youth. With the likes of Di Sciglio, Balotelli, Poli, Gabriel, and Cristante, the club has more than enough young players to provide youthful exuberance to an ageing side. I think with the money restraints, using the youth facilities and giving the youngsters a chance is going to be something I will have to do in order to help the club grow financially. Hopefully, learning from the more experienced players will help nurture both their attitudes and their talents. Yes Mario, that was aimed specifically towards yourself!