New Forums Layout

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just modified the layout a bit to include some stuff on the right hand side.

Just trying to make the site easier to navigate really, that's all.

Feedback welcome.

'Tags' are a good idea, although sadly don't think they're needed on here.

The navigation bit with downloads, skins etc will be a handy feature when a new version is out...doubt I'll use it much now but I'm sure us and plently of noobs esp will use it come FM 09.

looks good. keep up the good work

If there are any pages the right hand column is on that you think it shouldn't can you please tell me as I will remove it :)

Forum is looking nice Sean. Homesite should match forum colours rather than forum matching homesite colours - despite homepage being FM09 colours.

Also, on the right hand side, could you possible move the Ad from the very bottom of right hand side, onto the bottom, next to posting rules... (when on thread view).

Ill tell you what Sean you have done a good job! Now FM-Base looks so more proffesional and up with the best! As if it wasnt already ;)

Ill tell you what Sean you have done a good job! Now FM-Base looks so more proffesional and up with the best! As if it wasnt already ;)

Forum is looking nice Sean. Homesite should match forum colours rather than forum matching homesite colours - despite homepage being FM09 colours.

Also, on the right hand side, could you possible move the Ad from the very bottom of right hand side, onto the bottom, next to posting rules... (when on thread view).

I think I'll make a new colour scheme for Base to suit the FM 09 logo colours as I think they can work well together to make a decent style.

I can but I cba. If you don't want to see it just click the arrow and it will collapse so you won't have to look at it. Same goes for all the others in the right column :)

a new colour would be a good idea Sean. We have had this one for years

All looking *** mate - keep up the cracking work.

Don't know if this is just mine, but on the main forum page; if I click on the arrow meant to take you to the latest post in a thread, it takes me to about halfway through the thread (if its a big thread) :|

I changed the way threads were marked as read. I have changed it back now. Let me know if it still happens :)

Don't know if this is just mine, but on the main forum page; if I click on the arrow meant to take you to the latest post in a thread, it takes me to about halfway through the thread (if its a big thread) :|

Did you have to refresh the thread to see new posts?

I changed the way threads were marked as read. I have changed it back now. Let me know if it still happens :)

It does, it happens in threads like 'what are you listening to?', 'I ask you answer etc'

Did you have to refresh the thread to see new posts?

nah but I'd be taken to halfway thru the thread when I clicked on the arrow on the main forum page, so I'd have to click on the the number of the last page of the thread to get there