new game advice

Joe Boy 1986

Reaction score
ok, so i'm gonna start a new game and i intend to make it a long one. my only query is i'm not sure what countries to select, what database size to use and what players to load off of which country. i don't want the game to slow down, so i need the most i can get. normally when i ask it to make a reccomendation, it only kicks out epl to league 2, and now again it gives me the spl as well. i don't know much about pc's so all i can say is that its a basic one thats about 3 years old. it is a pentium 4 procrssor and has 512 ram if that means anything. what would be best? cheers in advance peeps.

Last edited:
Ive got a duo core 2.2hgz with 1 gig of ram and i run Italy, Spain, Scotland, England and USA, ive got Brazilian and Scottish players retained as well, im sure I could run a lot more.

Wiht yours I imagine you could get away with runnign 3-4 nations and the speed would be fine

i usually go two ways if im doing a long career game:

ill either start as a really big club and win as much as i can in my first season - liverpool or arsenal or someone - then with my reputation up ill look for a lower league job maybe a team thats been relegated from the championship or league one and getting it is no problem with the reputation then get them as high as possible

or ill just jump straight in at the deep end and get a lower league job and work my way up from the bottom which is harder but more satisfying. i took over leicester in league one in my current game and only lost 2 games all season and won the league with 117 points or something and now im top of the champ in feb of my second season - 2 promotions on the bounce would be nice but my squads pure championship at the moment so gonna be a struggle stayin in the prem gonna take alot of buying!

Ive got a duo core 2.2hgz with 1 gig of ram and i run Italy, Spain, Scotland, England and USA, ive got Brazilian and Scottish players retained as well, im sure I could run a lot more.

Wiht yours I imagine you could get away with runnign 3-4 nations and the speed would be fine

so if i load up say, england L2 above, spain 2nd div above, italy serie b above, germany 2nd div above. i should be ok?

maybe load the players from portugal, france and holland as well?

whadya think?

Should be fine with that number of nations, dunno about adding that many players unless your playing on medium databse.

My current carreer game is with AFC Wimbledon, in the EPL after starting in the Conference South, was in the Championship for 4-5 years though :(

lol thats good stuff though, i can usually get out the champ in 2-3 years i reckon thats what it takes to get a decent squad, obv gna be diff with them tho with a worse reputation n that. i got zarate for my leicester team in the champ lol so its been pretty simple for me but ye thats good going, i never go quite that low in the leagues as i find it really hard to get any constistency - anyone can just beat anyone cos everyone is equally as **** so you just need loads of luck and i never seem to get any

Yeh took ages to build my rep, but after a season in the champ i got a new stadium, but it took 2 years to build, but by the fourth season i ha dthe rep of a chmapionship club plus money coming in from the stadium.

I made the playoffs 3 times :( and lost in all of them

if your going for a game like Gregor's in conf north/south then i would only load england and maybe scotland if your a fan and just add players from other leagues and a large db

but if you think you might want to try your luck about the top leagues maybe small db and a few leagues?

i think i'll go for the top leagues of england, france, spain, germany, portugal, italy & holland. we'll see how it handles. i'm waitin for the final update to come out b4 i start a long challengin game.

Should be fine with that number of nations, dunno about adding that many players unless your playing on medium databse.

My current carreer game is with AFC Wimbledon, in the EPL after starting in the Conference South, was in the Championship for 4-5 years though :(
can I just ask you, why are you so good? is it because you know which players to buy, tactics or what? I can never get my tactics right and it always makes me become frustrated and disillusioned with the game:mad:

Cos im awesome innit ;)

Em my main strenth is buying and selling players, im alright at tactics not greeat though. I dont really have players I buy all the time, I just spend a lot of time looking for players who want the club im at

Greg is pretty awesomely good at doing well with small teams, and always gets greet players