New Game - Sunday League - Regional Reputation

Lazaru5

Reaction score
I've just created a new game with every league playable...

117 leagues in 51 countries with approximately 165,000 players in the database.

As usual, I'm starting unemployed with Sunday League Footballer as past experience yet I've got a Regional reputation...

Surely that can't be right? Can it? (birthdates have been hidden to protect the guilty :) )

As a matter of interest, with all those leagues playable and the regional reputation... how long do you think it will be before I get offered a job? Going to holiday and 'apply for all clubs' (yuck at the thought of all those acknowledgements in the inbox :( )

I've just created a new game with every league playable...

117 leagues in 51 countries with approximately 165,000 players in the database.

As usual, I'm starting unemployed with Sunday League Footballer as past experience yet I've got a Regional reputation...

Surely that can't be right? Can it? (birthdates have been hidden to protect the guilty :) )

I think that should be right.
Off Topic how can yo handle 117 leagues i think my laptop would spontaniously combust oO)

I put my experience as sunday league and applied for the Newcastle job and got it, surely that can't be right?

I think that should be right.
Off Topic how can yo handle 117 leagues i think my laptop would spontaniously combust oO)

I'd say he has some major memory on his harddrive. My laptop can barely handle England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France & Turkey without it stopping responding every few minutes ><

basic spec:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB

====

and I just got offered a job... straight away :|

anybody know anything about the Indonesian league? Specifically PSKT Tomohon...

and Sunday League Footballer has always been 'local' reputation.. (/me thinks its a new bug)

I put my experience as sunday league and applied for the Newcastle job and got it, surely that can't be right?

I wouldn't have thought so. Saying that, they might have modelled Ashley's desperation ingame perfectly! :D

I wouldn't have thought so. Saying that, they might have modelled Ashley's desperation ingame perfectly! :D

Yes I agree as long as he didnt have to pay you much hed hire you. Though he'd soon sack and blame you, once hes sold your first team squad and hired your former sunday league team and you didnt win the champions league!

Firstly you support the greatest team on the planet so well done!
When i did a game like that my computer crash dumped a few times so i lowered it to just the main european leagues and started with lowest reputation but then i didnt get a job for nearly the first full season!!!!!!!! So i started one again this time picked a team to start with - currently at harrogate in BSN and overall aim is to become greatest manager ever!

and I just got offered a job... straight away :|

anybody know anything about the Indonesian league? Specifically PSKT Tomohon...

and Sunday League Footballer has always been 'local' reputation.. (/me thinks its a new bug)

I started as a Sunday League Footballer in my games and have been given 'Regional' reputation in them. Finding a job is quite easy, but it certainly won't be great. Best offer I got in Eastern Europe was a Russian First division side. Hmm, I've always found Indonesia tough. Get scout reports of lots of the interested players, and you have to trust your assistant/coaches. Some Liberian internationalists are reasonably good and will join, but they count as a foreign which can be a problem with the limit. Try filtering your search for Brazilians, or players with international caps and see what's on offer. Most Indonesian players are woeful, but see if you can find any decent u21/u19 prospects and after the first season try to pick up the best regens as quickly as possible.

I started as a Sunday League Footballer in my games and have been given 'Regional' reputation in them. Finding a job is quite easy, but it certainly won't be great. Best offer I got in Eastern Europe was a Russian First division side. Hmm, I've always found Indonesia tough. Get scout reports of lots of the interested players, and you have to trust your assistant/coaches. Some Liberian internationalists are reasonably good and will join, but they count as a foreign which can be a problem with the limit. Try filtering your search for Brazilians, or players with international caps and see what's on offer. Most Indonesian players are woeful, but see if you can find any decent u21/u19 prospects and after the first season try to pick up the best regens as quickly as possible.

Yeah, the limit... which in the Indonesian First Division is NO foreigners allowed! :( but I can use foreigners in the cup - seems a bit pointless signing foreign players who might only ever play 2 games a season... (1st and 2nd leg of 1st round).

As for the players themselves, tell me about woeful! They're garbage but at least the playing field is level - as in we all have to use Indonesian's only!

Trust my staff? Ahh, yeah... about that... little tip for people who get offered a job in Indonesia... only take jobs where there are staff! I've found it extremely difficult to get ANY staff - even a physio was virtually impossible to come by... (mainly because they wanted 5,6, even 10 times the amount I could pay them).

I got lucky with an assistant, he's not great but he's ok for the level we're at, everyone else though (coach, GK coach and physio) are terrible :( I got the best I could get for the money that I could pay - which wasn't a lot unfortunately...

So, I'm now the manager of Persika Karawang in the Indonesian First Division with poor staff (but at least I have some :) ) and poor players...

this is gonna be fun! :D

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Firstly you support the greatest team on the planet so well done!
When i did a game like that my computer crash dumped a few times so i lowered it to just the main european leagues and started with lowest reputation but then i didnt get a job for nearly the first full season!!!!!!!! So i started one again this time picked a team to start with - currently at harrogate in BSN and overall aim is to become greatest manager ever!

Good luck with Harrogate mate :) I'm not having any problems with the game yet, but I haven't played a game yet either, just about to play my first friendly..

And as for the greatest team on the planet, are there any others? :/

oo 2 be a... ;)

The Welsh club league are a bit like you described. League football in Wales is completely obscure, with our main city clubs appearing in the English league (Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Newport), yet Staff at our domestic league clubs have national reputation yet I doubt any Welsh fan would of heard of them. In fact attendances at Welsh club games goes into the early hundreds. Strangly though at the start of Fm2011 staff from domestic Welsh clubs tend to get the manager jobs instead of someone who made their name in England, the balance is really out of whack.

The other thing that is out of whack is the friendly schedule... I have nearly 2 months from the end of the friendlies (that were already organised when I joined the club) and the start of the season.

The friendlies coincide with the pre-season games in the UK (July/Aug) but the season doesn't start until October :S (the games are between Indonesian teams, not against foreign teams wanting warm-up games).

I can't even get staff with a national reputation (they want too much money) so it's worse than the Welsh league ;) It's a half star, but then so is the BSS and my Eastleigh team could attract better staff - all is relative, one assumes, to the region. Most of the managers that have made their name in England would probably want to stay there because it has a higher reputation, which could explain why the Welsh clubs give the manager jobs to their coaches.

Friendlies: P4 W2 D2 L0 F6 A2 :D

I thought I'd post an update on how things are going in this save... if anybody cares?

As you can see, they're going great! :D Manager of the month in my first month, I think that's actually a first for me! Played 5, won 4, drawn 1, scored 7 and only conceded one goal - and that was an own-goal!! (little tip: Don't try a different style of team-talk pre-match as an experiment!)

So far I'm unbeaten altogether, even in friendlies, not bad for my newly-promoted relegation candidates, and we're second on goal difference :D I've just saved the game for the first time since the season proper started (after I took the screenie ;) ), I'd like to leave it longer than a month but I lost nearly 2 months of an earlier save to a crash-dump so I'm going to be saving it the 1st of every month.

P.S. I wonder if this thread could be moved to a more appropriate forum so that I can keep posting updates? (mods/admin/anybody?)

wow, indonesian league huh. malaysian league is better to manage in tho

wow, indonesian league huh. malaysian league is better to manage in tho

I started unemployed, the only jobs I was offered were in the Indonesian First Division :(

Still, if I can make enough progress with Persika I might get a chance to move elsewhere later in my career... this game IS meant to be my long-term save (SI's bug-fixing permitting ;) )

i think the reason why you are regional reputation instead of local migt be due to you having 2 nationalities.