NEW Harry Redknapp's NEW BOOK highlights lol

chebonaparte

Reaction score
Too be fair, I don't think it's interesting enough to warrant starting a new thread - but that's just my opinion. I've heard about it in the news, though.

I have read some of his stories and they are quite funny although I don't really see why anyone would buy the book now as the daily mail published all the best bits of it.

There is no "highlights" just pure and utter nonsense. The man is an complete and utter fraud! Stated in his court case he didn't know how to use a mobile phone yet in this book said players text him to tell him they wanted him as England manager, i suppose he didn't text back then? The fact he got conned by a fake jockey for so long just shows the type of things he gets himself into. That and a combination of actually not being as successful as people make him out to be were the reasons he never and will never get the England job. Hate the man!

Not a fan of the guy at all, however I do think that Carl Richards story is brilliant.

Well that's a few minutes of my life I'll never get back

There is no "highlights" just pure and utter nonsense. The man is an complete and utter fraud! Stated in his court case he didn't know how to use a mobile phone yet in this book said players text him to tell him they wanted him as England manager, i suppose he didn't text back then? The fact he got conned by a fake jockey for so long just shows the type of things he gets himself into. That and a combination of actually not being as successful as people make him out to be were the reasons he never and will never get the England job. Hate the man!
I agree. He's so arrogant and overrated!

Destroyed nearly every club he has been to Bournemouth then they went into admin and had money problems, West Ham also had bad money issues after he had left, Southampton also and the worst one of all Portsmouth. The only club who are safe so far are Tottenham feel sorry for Q.P.R fans

Destroyed nearly every club he has been to Bournemouth then they went into admin and had money problems, West Ham also had bad money issues after he had left, Southampton also and the worst one of all Portsmouth. The only club who are safe so far are Tottenham feel sorry for Q.P.R fans
He still spent ridiculous amounts of money on players who weren't needed/underperformed at Spurs, and was an average manager. QPR are doing good in the Championship, but only because they've spent quite a bit on new players. And apparently he doesn't even know how to use a computer!

Not a fan of the guy at all, however I do think that Carl Richards story is brilliant.
ive never heard of him ever. Least harry is known and most over 20s whove watched enough football like harry not like alot these kids that dont know what there talking about who havent even seen a match hes managed!

as they say dont always believe what you read in the paper. the fact yis are missing the light hearted humour in the story about other well known players etc just shows what negs yis are. realy dont see how ya could be so negative about it. harry managed alot of these teams when they were already struggling and bangers with no money or debts before he saved them resurected them at the bottom of the league he even got popy to the fa cup final if yous dont respect that yis dont appreciate football he done well with no money and **** players and people say things in court under advise by attorneys grow up he had spurs in higher position than theyd been in years too hes found lots bargains and brought life back into veteran players for good prices hes turned things around at qpr too go check the league standings! hes pulled off great shrewd tactic changing match winning adjustments and subs that earned him good reputation too.

Last edited:
how on earth could ya say harrys arrogant? please give example:- ??????
Steven Gerrard denies texting Harry Redknapp support over England job | Football | theguardian.com

He said that "all the senior players seemed to be up for me to get the job. I got quite a few text messages at the time from players saying they would love me to manage England: Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry.", as well as something along the lines of 'I can't believe England didn't make me manager, I so should've been' (can't remember the quote exactly, but it was along those lines).

as they say dont always believe what you read in the paper. the fact yis are missing the light hearted humour in the story about other well known players etc just shows what negs yis are. realy dont see how ya could be so negative about it. harry managed alot of these teams when they were already struggling and bangers with no money or debts before he saved them resurected them at the bottom of the league he even got popy to the fa cup final if yous dont respect that yis dont appreciate football he done well with no money and **** players and people say things in court under advise by attorneys grow up he had spurs in higher position than theyd been in years too hes found lots bargains and brought life back into veteran players for good prices hes turned things around at qpr too go check the league standings! hes pulled off great shrewd tactic changing match winning adjustments and subs that earned him good reputation too.
He spent ?207.2 million at Spurs, according to this estimate - and although I don't have an exact figure, he spent quite a bit at Portsmouth too - he's hardly "done well with no money and **** players". One Champions League qualification in 3/4 seasons hardly justifies spending ?200m+, especially when much of it was on flops/unneeded players (e.g. Darren Bent, Bentley, Gomes, Giovani Dos Santos, Pavlyuchenko, Kranjcar, Pienaar, etc. - the list goes on and on, I've just named the obvious flops).

I'm maybe being a bit harsh on him, admittedly he has made a few shrewd signings, but you're definitely hugely overrating his abilities as a manager.

to be fair though now a days managers at big clubs are influenced by chairmans and boardrooms more and more im not saying they dictate totaly but i believe clubs like totenham have very wealthy powerful influentail boardrooms who when they suggest what players to bring in no manager can easily dismiss them without loosing appeal or favour.

if you remember spurs already had a bolathed squad when harry arrived and he had to move alot of players in and out as most new managers do.

some big purchases are as much about pleasing the business accountants and right offs with foregin business man laundering "assets" and ill gotten riches these days, espec . those eastern / russian billionares and oil tycoons ;)

give some credit where credit is due harry realy helped turn gareth bale from a rough opal into a rare gem. he told him to stop playing with his hair and get on with real football and look where gareth has gone - to the top of the money footballing elite

Last edited:
Ghost written by his dog no doubt for tax purposes

to be fair though now a days managers at big clubs are influenced by chairmans and boardrooms more and more im not saying they dictate totaly but i believe clubs like totenham have very wealthy powerful influentail boardrooms who when they suggest what players to bring in no manager can easily dismiss them without loosing appeal or favour.

if you remember spurs already had a bolathed squad when harry arrived and he had to move alot of players in and out as most new managers do.

some big purchases are as much about pleasing the business accountants and right offs with foregin business man laundering "assets" and ill gotten riches these days, espec . those eastern / russian billionares and oil tycoons ;)

give some credit where credit is due harry realy helped turn gareth bale from a rough opal into a rare gem. he told him to stop playing with his hair and get on with real football and look where gareth has gone - to the top of the money footballing elite
Spurs have Daniel Levy as chairman, he's a shrewd no-nonsense businessman who wouldn't spend just for the sake of it. Yes, at clubs like Chelsea or City, the board like to spend to show intent, but that's unlikely to happen at Spurs - this season, they only spent heavily because of the sale of Bale.

I don't doubt new managers like to bring in their own players and make it their own squad, but Harry takes that a step too far - he seems to like to sign the same old faces a million times - Kaboul, Kranjcar, Defoe, Crouch, etc. (he signed so many Spurs players at Q.P.R. and so many Portsmouth players at Spurs, and that's not even mentioning his previous stints) - that's just naming a few. He seems to think that it's some kind of reunion or something...

And I have given credit where credit is due, I said at the end of my last post "admittedly he has made a few shrewd signings".

I dont like Harry Redknapp one bit but I must admit his book is quite good. I have read hundreds of autobiographies (from Matthews to Windass, Phil Stant to Gerrard, Brian Clough to Brian Irvine) and his one is one of the better ones I have to say.

By far and away the worst one that I have read is by Ryan Giggs.

Spurs have Daniel Levy as chairman, he's a shrewd no-nonsense businessman who wouldn't spend just for the sake of it. Yes, at clubs like Chelsea or City, the board like to spend to show intent, but that's unlikely to happen at Spurs - this season, they only spent heavily because of the sale of Bale.

the same old faces a million times - Kaboul, Kranjcar, Defoe, Crouch, etc. (he signed so many Spurs players at Q.P.R. and so many Portsmouth players at Spurs, and that's not even mentioning his previous stints) - that's just naming a few. He seems to think that it's some kind of reunion or something...
".
obviously we agree money spent after sale of Bale has nothing to do with harrys spending which i was answering to. your referring to spending under levy as chairman. i take your point about harrys reuions though lol

i noticed few of the same old appearing at qpr. alot managers do that too though so he aint unique in that sin. mourinho, benitez, moyes have all done that too felliani for example- bring in their old favs from previous teams.

I dont like Harry Redknapp one bit but I must admit his book is quite good. I have read hundreds of autobiographies (from Matthews to Windass, Phil Stant to Gerrard, Brian Clough to Brian Irvine) and his one is one of the better ones I have to say.

By far and away the worst one that I have read is by Ryan Giggs.
:)
as much as i respected Roy Keane as a footballer and great midfielder his book bored me to tears. he is so one dimensional. all he had was football. thats it. nothing else to see there! ;) lol