new here and enjoying the game.

jpms1

Reaction score
hello all.
i have been playing fm2009 for a few months now and started looking around the net and found this place is im short of a few ideas.I hope i havn't posted in the wrong forum but here goes.

I started at the bottom with a small club (cowdenbeath) as i thought this would be very challenging,i started with **** players and i have over time got the time stable in the scottish prem division with a season ending 6th place.
I have obtained a large amount of money as i have trained young players well and the big clubs (celtic,rangers,man utd,arsenal) seem to come in for them.I negotiate with them a most will deal with a payment over months.

But now i am finding a few problems as im trying to push the club on.
My first problem is with the players.I now have expensive attack and midfield made up of players from brazil,spain,argentina and mexico_One reason for buying them is because they are cheaper than uk players.

The team really go for it in the first half and put the other team under great pressure and are very creative but the second half they let the other team back in it and its very frustrating.No matter who i sub or what team talk i use i just cannot change this.I was hammering celtic away and in the second half the team just let them back in it.this happens most weeks home and away.its as if the other manager is doing a better job:mad:
I understand that the players are not communicating properly as my assistant tells me but they know how to in the first half?.

other problem i have is two players of equal attributes who play in the same position are fighting and trying to bring the moral down.I need these two as they cover in case of injury etc.I fine them but then this seems to affect the reserve squad and i have to disipline a few players in there.
How can i resolve it without losing one of them.

here is my starting 11.
GK. Luis Guilherme
DR. Ryan Bell
DL. Luigi Panico
DC. Marianio Garcia
DC. Paulo
MR. Carlos (free kick expert)
ML. Iago
MC. Matteo albertini
MC. Adrian avila
ST. Frankin
ST. Tiago Luis

other first team players.ashley weatherstone (gk),Billy lopez (dc),Dave russell (dc),Edmond asante (d/wb l) Luca cristante (d/wb/ml) Urko (d/dm/dmc) Adam Jones (amc) chris o sullivan (am/l) Paul anton (mc) Eddie wilkes (amc) Giuseppe susini (am r/st) Marcelo perez (st) Mihai butnaru (st).

many thanks.
Jp.

Last edited:
Does some of your players (perhaps a certain part of your formation) have low stamina?

the players in the team who weaken (around the 65-70 minute mark ) are the to Mc's and the left and right attacking Wingers.But this is because i assign them marking duties to close down the other team.And of course i replace 3 of them during the game with subs.If anything else happens like injuries etc i change my tactics during the game.

What im looking for is something i can do to instruct the team to hold onto a lead and counter attack without exposing the back line.is that at all possible?.
thanks so far for the pressure's off idea, i will try that one.

Jp.

I would tell them not to relax, in fact steaua (and I am SURE you will disagree with me) telling your players to relax is a bad idea in general (not of course if you're winning 1 0 against barça and you are oldham or some player who you trust who has been in difficult games lately) but as a ''squad speech" NEVER use relax, that will lead you to draws against easy teams and cost you whatever aim you're after.