dave4787

Reaction score
Just a quick one; how long after a stadium has been built do you get the option of expanding/building new? For some reason I'm thinking 15 years, have I just made that up?

I'm managing Arsenal and after 3 very successful seasons I'm wanting to expand the Emirates, next year will be 2021 so 15 years after the stadium was built, or will I have to wait even longer?

It's 20 years, unless they have changed it in recent years which I don't believe they have. Always thought there needed to be more flexibility with the timeline rather than a set period of time for every scenario, though.

EDIT: That's just for building a new stadium though, expanding I don't know if there is any set period of time - would imagine its shorter than the 20 years for a new stadium.

Thanks. Kinda hoping to expand is a little shorter, outgrown the current capacity and could do with bringing in much higher match day income.

It would seem like a logical step to have that before allowing the possibility to build a new stadium. One thing you could do is check the data editor to see what the Emirates' expansion capacity is (don't know if you would consider that cheating - I personally wouldn't). Hope you get the expansion you want.