Reaction score
Hey FM-Base.

Being a proud Irish man at heart, I have always felt a pang of jealously that i have to go abroad (England) to watch football at a reasonably high level.

While the domestic league system in Ireland is adequate (at best) the constant bickering between the clubs and the FAI, as well as the financial troubles (only 2 clubs in our top flight are not in debt) has killed any hope for the domestic game in my country.

What I have done is re-designed the Irish Domestic League system into a 5-Tier pyramid system. I have raised the reputation of all the Irish clubs (No one wants to come here. rightly so though, the football is terrible . . . . well maybe Sligo is the exception, but most other teams rely on a CB pass to a strikers head to score)

I have raised all clubs reputation by 2000 to make them somewhat competitive in the transfer market.
Bohemians goes from 4000-6000,
Limerick F.C. 3400-5400
Cork City, 2200 - 4200
Ect.

I have no intention of giving everyone 500million to spend or anything like that. It defeated the purpose of trying to get a good run in cups/league ect.
€500,000 per Premier division club, €50,000 wage budget (all varies depending on reputation)
€300,000 per First division club, €35,000 wage budget (all varies depending on reputation)
€150,000 per Second division club, €25,000 wage budget (all varies depending on reputation)
€70,000 per Aviva Championship club €20,000 wage budget (all vary depending on reputation)
€25,000 per League 1 North/South team, €10,000 wage budget (all vary depending on reputation)

Domestic League Structure

Airtricity League of Ireland Premier Division
(16 teams) Top place crowed champion. 3 relegation spots.
Airtricity League of Ireland First Division
(18 teams) 2 promotion and playoff (4 teams). 3 relegation spots.
Airtricity League of Ireland Second Division
(20 teams) 2 promotion spots and playoff (4 teams). 4 relegation spots.
Aviva Football Championship
(20 teams) 3 promotion spots and playoff (4 teams). 4 relegation spots
Aviva Football League One North/South
(2x20 teams) 1 promotion spot and playoff (8 teams). No relegation spots (this is where the league system ends.

3 Domestic Cups
FAI Challenge Cup (114 teams competing)
First Qualifying phase (KO)- League One teams enter (40) with 20 matches played. 1 replay if necessary.
Second Qualifying phase (KO) - Championship teams enter (20) with 20 matches played. 1 replay if necessary.
Group stage - Second Division teams enter (20) 8 groups with 5 teams. Top two qualify.
First Round (KO) - 4 First Division teams enter, 10 matches played.
Second Round (KO) - Remaining First Division & Premier division teams enter (30), 20 matches played (one leg).
Third Round (KO) - 10 matches played (one leg).
Fourth Round (KO) - 5 matches played (one leg).
League Stage (- reaming 5 teams all play each-other twice, top two teams qualify for Final.
FAI Cup Final (KO) - 1 match played at the Aviva Stadium.

Suipéarcupán na hÉireann
Winners of Premier Division vs Winners of FAI Challenge Cup.

Guinness Cup (34 team compete)
First Round (KO) - 10 First Division teams enter, 5 matches.
Second Round (KO) - Remaining First division teams + 1 Premier division team enter. 7 matches.
Third Round (KO) - Remaining Premier Division teams enter. 11 matches.
League Stage - Remaining 7 teams play each other once. top 4 teams qualify for Semi-Finals
Semi-Final (KO) - 2 matches (one leg) at Thomond Park.
Guinness Cup Final (KO) - 1 match played at the Aviva Stadium.

If there is any interest in my Creation, I'm willing to put it up for download when its finished (Need to sort out Financial details, Kits and Derbies) So I hope there is a demand for this, as I would love to share my hard work with the rest of the community.

Last edited:
Live 1 min away from Dalymount park and go to the odd match when I can be bothered but paying €20 in to see football that bad is a joke, Would be very interested in this and will make a FM story when its complete bringing a team from the bottom division to the Champ League group stages hopefully. How long will you think it will be?

Live 1 min away from Dalymount park and go to the odd match when I can be bothered but paying €20 in to see football that bad is a joke, Would be very interested in this and will make a FM story when its complete bringing a team from the bottom division to the Champ League group stages hopefully. How long will you think it will be?

I know how you feel, I have Jackman Park near me if I feel like watching Limerick play but id much rather turn on the Tv and see what other matches are on (even classic matches), its cheaper and more satisfying.

I was up till 6am last night setting up the league system, just need to add kits and Derbies then testing begins. Need to see how the domestic fixture list copes with European fixture list. maybe the end of the week hopefully.

No problem, Could you name one or two teams that are in the bottom league's ?

No problem, Could you name one or two teams that are in the bottom league's ?

north.png
south.png
untitled-1.png

Sorry that took so long.

No way my dad managed Belvo for 10 years and I played for them for 6 years going to defo manage them can't wait for this download, Hopefully if I create a good story people with get more interest in this database, What you doing for players the computer randomly generates them ?

Interesting but I feel the reps are too high tbh as I have massively raised Shelbournes rep and Bohemians and Rovers are signing players like Leon Best etc so the league is massively improving in 5 years. if I get bored I might try it out later on in the year

Im not sure yet, Its very difficult to find details on the players in the regional amateur leagues. I might find a name generator online and make 30 odd 21-34yr olds with a CA = 0 and PA = 0 (from my understanding of the editor that will adjust the stats to reflect the team/leagues reputation)

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Interesting but I feel the reps are too high tbh as I have massively raised Shelbournes rep and Bohemians and Rovers are signing players like Leon Best etc so the league is massively improving in 5 years.

Taking what you said on board I think ill cap the Reputation rise at 5000. Ultimately I'm trying to kickstart some life into the league as it could take 20-30 years to reach any kind of a decent standard in its current format. I still want it to be challenging though so any critisisims or suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Yeh that would be much better an Idea could be to raise Youth facilites and networking to much higher standards in some of the clubs as then better regens would be produced.

They are going to be some shocking players in the team so ha ! Could you put Tony Burke on the board of directors at Belvo because he still works for them if you can. Also for jerseys you just going to make them the colour they are ye no design's because that would take years to do ha

Yeh that would be much better an Idea could be to raise Youth facilites and networking to much higher standards in some of the clubs as then better regens would be produced.

That way the clubs can raise that standard with their own players, instead of buying talent. This will be taken on board.

It would be nice to be able to attract some decent talent to your club though like when I get to the Premier Division I would like to start bringing in players I know as I'm not a big fan of playing games with regens.

They are going to be some shocking players in the team so ha ! Could you put Tony Burke on the board of directors at Belvo because he still works for them if you can. Also for jerseys you just going to make them the colour they are ye no design's because that would take years to do ha

No prob, ill list him as Director of Football or something like that. I'm not going to make .gif kits for the teams. Im looking up images on google of the team kits and making those via the editor. The unique Id's of the teams have not changed so if someone wants to make a logo/kit pack, they can.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It would be nice to be able to attract some decent talent to your club though like when I get to the Premier Division I would like to start bringing in players I know as I'm not a big fan of playing games with regens.

The better training facilities and youth facilities will appeal to the established players. as well as compeating in Champions league/Europa league.

Ill (hopefully) have it sorted during the beta testing.

Ok no problem I'll look forward to downloading it so.

Have the Database in a ready-to-test state. If anyone is interested in Beta testing it with me just say the word.

Id give it a go want to start me story when its ready to go.

Irish Domestic league System beta version 1.0
Link: http://rapidshare.com/#!download|432l32|446356830|Irish_League_System.dbc|27

Note: This Database is NOT finished yet. Tis far from complete so i don't recommend using as the platform for a story just yet. I want to quickly play out 2-3 seasons to see how the promotion/relegation, playoffs, fixtures, prize moneys, tv fixtures and European fixtures cope with the custom database

Looks good.
Will defo download when this is ready.
Come on Limerick.(Even tho we are ****)

Looks good. Will defo download when this is ready.
Sound man, im testing it right now so it should be up and finished in 3-7 days (max)

Come on Limerick.(Even tho we are ****)

Lol, i know what ya mean, Im a local Limerick lad myself so i have some sort of an attachement to our terrible football team :p. Also, I have 3 Limerick team in the database. Limerick F.C. Fairview Rangers and U.L. Ashling. So there is decent representation from the Shannon side city in this database.

Sound man, im testing it right now so it should be up and finished in 3-7 days (max)

Lol, i know what ya mean, Im a local Limerick lad myself so i have some sort of an attachement to our terrible football team :p. Also, I have 3 Limerick team in the database. Limerick F.C. Fairview Rangers and U.L. Ashling. So there is decent representation from the Shannon side city in this database.

Good to hear.Will be starting as Limerick F.C so when its ready.Last match I went to see is when we got hammered 3-1 by Cork at Jackman in a cup match last season.Ahh well Luiigis afterwards cheered me up