New Irish League.

Brendn

Jan 17, 2010
I'm currently working on a new Irish League Set up; since our league is frankly a disgraceful!

I've always been a huge fan of the way the GAA set up their season: Having a provincial Championship, an All-Ireland Championship and a league system.

I'll up uploading the Database up here when I get it finished.

Plans:
  • To recreate all 32 counties as clubs representing their county regions; rather than clubs representing an area.
  • To set up 4 Provincial Cups: Munster, Ulster, Connacht & Leinster: Each being contested by their provincial counties.
  • To set up a two tier league with 16 teams in each division; for European Qualification.
  • A 32 team knock-out competition to represent the All-Ireland Cup (typical FA Cup)

[HR][/HR]
To do list

Done

• Make all 32 Counties
  • Give each their own Kits and colors
  • Make all 32 Stadiums
  • Design League Set-up
  • Design Cups
  • Give teams reputations

Yet to do

• Give teams training grounds and youth stadiums
  • Create affiliate B teams and Set up a Youth League for competitive youth football
  • Set up Youth Cups
  • Give teams attendances based on league and stadium size
  • Sim 10 season to test finances and other variables, ect
  • Set Transfer Window Rules
  • Set Discipline Rules.
  • Set rivalries and derbies

[HR][/HR]
Competitions

Allianz League Division One
View attachment 265626

Allianz League Division Two
View attachment 265625

Note: The vast majority of the Stadium's capacity is standing.

[HR][/HR]
Each County is broken up into their Provincial Regions

Provincial Championship
Format:

Munster: Round-robin League - top 4 qualify for Munster Semi-finals
View attachment 265633

Ulster: Two Groups of 4 (Round-robin): Top 2 from each group qualify for Ulster Semi-final
View attachment 265632

Connacht: Round Robbin League - top 4 qualify for Connacht Semi-finals
View attachment 265631

Leinster: Two Groups of 6 (play each other only once) - Top 2 from each group qualify for Leinster Semi-final
View attachment 265627

Knock out rounds and final are played in Neutral venues based in the Province.

* I moved Donegal into the Connacht league make help with cup fixtures: Connact and Ulster now have 6 & 8 counties respectively.
[HR][/HR]
All Ireland Senior Cup
  • First Round: All counties enter at this stage; no seeding - Single leg, knock-out round, Neutral venue
  • Second Round: Single leg, knock-out round, Neutral venue
  • Quarter Final - Single leg, knock-out round, Neutral venue
  • Semi-Final - Single leg, knock-out round, Neutral venue
  • Final - Single leg, knock-out round, Croke Park
[HR][/HR]
Irish Super Cup: 16/8/14
Legue: 23/8/14 - 9/5/2015
Provincial Championships: 6/9/14 - 22/1/15
All Ireland Championship: 14/2/15 - 16/5/14

Draft Schedule
  • August - League starts
  • September - Provincial Championship starts
  • December - Christmas Break
  • January - Provincial Championship Finals
  • February - All-Ireland Cup starts
  • May - League finishes and All-Ireland Cup Final.
[HR][/HR]

I've Given each county their respective GAA stadium and switch Ireland's home national grounds to Croke Park.

Each Stadium is freshly created, Longitude and latitudes with researched Capacity; seating/standing and expansion potential; as well as existing redevelopment.

• ex. Cork's Páirc Uí Chaoimh is a 32,500 (19,500 seated) stadium due to be expanded to 45,000 in 2016.
View attachment 265635
View attachment 265634

[HR][/HR]

Last edited:

Brendn

Jan 17, 2010
Very impressive. Looks like you put in a lot of work on this. Well done! Up the Royals!!
Cheers mate. I'm currently simming about 20-30 years into the future just to see how the finances work out and if the league become competitive or if I need to tweak things.

I'd love some play testers when it's closer to being finished to let me know how it feels; is the schedule too packed or is it paced out enough, ect.

Disclaimer89

Feb 24, 2012
Cheers mate. I'm currently simming about 20-30 years into the future just to see how the finances work out and if the league become competitive or if I need to tweak things.

I'd love some play testers when it's closer to being finished to let me know how it feels; is the schedule too packed or is it paced out enough, ect.
I'd be up for testing the save out. PM me whenever you have it in a testable state.

Lippo255

Jun 3, 2010

I wouldn't mind giving it a try mate.

Anthony

Slide to unlock
Dec 1, 2009
I'd be interested in this.
What county are you from yourself (and more importantly, have you been unbiased?) ;)

I don't see anything listed regarding players.

Brendn

Jan 17, 2010
I'd be interested in this.
What county are you from yourself (and more importantly, have you been unbiased?) ;)

I don't see anything listed regarding players.
I'm still working on it. I'm Irish born and bread: living in Limerick :p
Been researching the rivalries between the counties and deciding what/if would constitute a derby :p
Meath vs Dublin has to go in there :p

I haven't even started on players. I'm half tempted to do a lucky pot and draw them at random and see what happens. Since they're 32 brand new teams, they don't have players.

Brendn

Jan 17, 2010
Update:

• Setting up an inter-varsity competition that feed into the junior affiliated team: UCC, CIT feed into Cork Juniors who are affiliated with Cork. LIT & UL feed into Limerick Juniors who are affiliated with Limerick (I'm trying to give every level of the database competitive football. I personally hate U19s and Reserve football as it dosn't appear on the history. I like complete histories )
  • Populating the counties with real players from the league of Ireland: using their city of birth as a filter
  • Getting all the club logos and making kits so you can import them

Last edited:

Sinnott99

Feb 12, 2012
Update:
  • Setting up an inter-varsity competition that feed into the junior affiliated team: UCC, CIT feed into Cork Juniors who are affiliated with Cork. LIT & UL feed into Limerick Juniors who are affiliated with Limerick (I'm trying to give every level of the database competitive football. I personally hate U19s and Reserve football as it dosn't appear on the history. I like complete histories )
  • Populating the counties with real players from the league of Ireland: using their city of birth as a filter
  • Getting all the club logos and making kits so you can import them
Looking good

Brendn

Jan 17, 2010
This Database has taken me far too long to finish. I'm currently play testing a few years to see if it's holding up.
The All-Ireland Senior Championship has been giving me problems but hopefully it's working now.

Advanced Rules - You're a cruel mistress but I'm getting the hang of you!