I3east

Reaction score
'Oh and it's Southern on the ball for Sheffield, he turns the defender! He's through on goal! And that's a horrid challenge from the defender and Southern looks in pain. The referee rushes over and shouts for urgent help and it looks as though his game is over'

That one memory keeps running through my mind. I had only played professional for a year playing 29 times for Rotherham over 3 years before i moved to Sheffield FC. Then it happened, that one challenge ended my footballing career. A broken leg, snapped clean. I remember being laid in in the hospital bed when the doctor told me the news and it generally brought tears to my eyes. It took 6 months to have full strength back in my leg and i am delighted. I am 25 years of age and in the market for a job in football management, i had only really played the game 'Football Manager' before and that was my only real experience on the management side of the game. This is my future and it starts now...

...................................................................................

Thursday, 6th October 2011

It was around 7am in the morning when my phone started ringing, i answered...

'Hello?'
'Hello, is this Mr Southern?'
'Yes it is, who is this may i ask?'
'I am Robert Dorrian, the chairman of Lincoln City Football Club and i would like you to come to our ground as soon as possible if that is okay?'
'Yes, that would be fine. Can i ask what it is about?'
'You will find out soon enough. Thank you'

...................................................................................

464077152_593734a6e9.jpg

I arrived at the ground where i was met by about 15-20 journalists all shouting things at me but i couldn't quite make out what they were saying. It was all quite bizarre if i am to be honest. Once inside the ground i was met by three men in all grey suites.

'Hello, are you Mr Southern?'
'Yes i am'
'Please. Follow me... We would like to offer you the managerial position at our club as you may know we are in a low 15th position when we were aspiring for promotion'
'Yes, i'd love to, when shall i start?'
'Tomorrow, first thing'
'Okay, thank you'.

My new career has now started and i cannot wait for it to start.